Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

NEW VERSION of AEON

Post by BTT »

Hello All

3.7.4 - 11 February 2016

Fixed ColorMap factory Categories not set for read-only.

Workaround for iTunes fullscreen mode flag bug that caused cursor to persistently be hidden and ESC fail to exit fullscreen.

Improved 32-bit iTunes detection for Windows

Improved artist string extraction logic for Windows Media Player.

Track text animation fixes.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf »

Nice to see the product is not dead...

With that being said it's unfortunate that after a few years now there is still no new content added and it's basically just a maintenance release =(

I think I will wait for a new content release before continuing to upgrade Aeon, Whitecap and GF.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DireWolf

I have about 60 brand new colormaps for Aeon and G-Force. I have in the past donated them to forum members, however, I need a new PC and need to raise some cash to continue creating colormaps. Don't know how to go about doing this, maybe SS can help.
Regards BTT

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf »

@BTT

SS should buy them from you so that they would at least have a little content to add to their release...

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi BTT,

You've brought this up before, and I asked you to send me an email with a business proposal. I'm still happy to hear you out, whenever you're ready!

strumsky

Post by strumsky »

@BTT

I agree with DireWolf. And I agree with FrankN. And I agree with you, BTT.

You know you have my support. Ever since I tried new ColorMaps, it changed my appreciation and use of Aeon and G-Force exponentially. Frankly I was getting bored, they'd become so repetitive and unremarkable. A large color palette made ALL the difference, for me.

I do hope you make that business proposal FrankN has asked for. I'm sure it can be just an informal request in an email.

As DireWolf says, "at least a little content" will add incentive... I think to many of us, to renew. Including showing evidence of the good will of SS toward the years-long effort and work (PR, customer service and ColorMaps) you've done, and show of good faith to we longtime subscribers. I believe SS wants to do the right thing, they just seem to have other "food" on their plate at the moment and need a nudge. A lot of nudges, OK.

I'm uncomfortable airing this in forum, but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from, so I won't say more. (Unless asked...)

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

strumsky wrote:@BTT

I agree with DireWolf. And I agree with FrankN. And I agree with you, BTT.

You know you have my support. Ever since I tried new ColorMaps, it changed my appreciation and use of Aeon and G-Force exponentially. Frankly I was getting bored, they'd become so repetitive and unremarkable. A large color palette made ALL the difference, for me.

I do hope you make that business proposal FrankN has asked for. I'm sure it can be just an informal request in an email.

As DireWolf says, "at least a little content" will add incentive... I think to many of us, to renew. Including showing evidence of the good will of SS toward the years-long effort and work (PR, customer service and ColorMaps) you've done, and show of good faith to we longtime subscribers. I believe SS wants to do the right thing, they just seem to have other "food" on their plate at the moment and need a nudge. A lot of nudges, OK.

I'm uncomfortable airing this in forum, but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from, so I won't say more. (Unless asked...)
This is an open forum dedicated to Soundspectrum visualizers and issues. The only censoring here is where spam is concerned.

Feel free to air whatever opinions about SS you like as long as you are not offensive or flaming anyone there is no problem at all. Your opinions are welcome here.

:D

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Thanks, Juxtiphi! This is absolutely an open forum. My only request is that any criticism be constructive. I love to help you guys, and improve our company to better service you. But, sometimes threads can just lead to unproductive headbutting. This only serves to frustrate the users, and myself.

For example, I really appreciate DireWolf's understanding about our currently limited resources, and encouragement to BTT to open a channel of communication. All I'm asking for is a casual email where we can work together to present something fully-baked to Andy. You're right in the assertion that we're all right. So, thank you for your level-headedness!

I really love the community that we have built here, and the way you all support each other and share the work that you have created together. We really do have the best users in the world.

syscheck

Post by syscheck »

Not sure if I'm bumping this topic, but ... my ears just went tinkering; new colormaps? Maybe? possibly? already? how? :wink:
I guess I'm missing out on some info :lol:

roadtoad

Post by roadtoad »

Why not show the improvements on the relevant page? Otherwise, it sure looks like there's not much improvement for $15.

Other niggles:
1. Put a contrasting text to this gray background
2. Help folks better on the website

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello roadtoad
Why not show the improvements on the relevant page? Otherwise, it sure looks like there's not much improvement for $15.
That's an interesting idea.
Other niggles:
1. Put a contrasting text to this gray background
2. Help folks better on the website
Have not had any previous complaints about the text, are you having problems reading the posts?

Please expain how help could be improved on the website.
Regards BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Thanks, BTT, I'd love to know the same thing!

roadtoad, what would be the "relevant page" to you?

ghudson621

Post by ghudson621 »

The new version is great news. :)