3D G-Force using Chromadepth Glasses

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

steve3oh3

3D G-Force using Chromadepth Glasses

Post by steve3oh3 »

I have been using G-Force a long time and always prefer to watch using Chromadepth 3D glasses. In fact most people who watch it on my projector are truly blown away when they put the glasses on.

"The ChromaPro 3D glasses create striking 3D images from normal 2D images by pulling forward the color red to the foreground and sorting the remaining colors according to their position in the rainbow. ROY G BIV! (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet). The ChromaDepth® process encourages fantastic 3D illusions without compromising the quality of the image when viewed without the glasses."

Has anyone else tried this?

Here is where you can get the glasses and they are worth the few bucks:

google Chromapro glasses

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi Steve

Thanks for the suggestion. Glasses seem affordable enough so that you aren't breaking the bank.

I removed the link to the website as our admin do not allow spam of any kind.

Anyone who is interested in finding these glasses now can find them by googling the name.

steve3oh3

Post by steve3oh3 »

Understood and thanks! You probably want to google 'Chromapro glasses'. They really do enhance the experience.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

That sounds pretty sweet! Why don't you contact me at the link below, and see if we can make a video demonstrating the effects that follows our licensing rules?

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello steve3oh3

Sounds very interesting, are the glasses you refer to the ones that come as a pack of three for 18:00 USD?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

BTT wrote:Hello steve3oh3

Sounds very interesting, are the glasses you refer to the ones that come as a pack of three for 18:00 USD?
That's how I read it.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

That has to be the fastest response EVER.
Regards BTT

carl1011

Post by carl1011 »

I purchased a 12 pack of the glasses from Amazon for $15 including shipping (Chromadepth 3-D Glasses).

I must say I'm impressed with the effects using G-Force. The blue colors remain in the background and the red colors appear in the foreground with other colors arranged in between. The amount of depth derived from viewing the visualizer wearing the glasses is truly spectacular. It's the next best thing to going back in time to San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district of the 1960's.

Without a doubt the best $15 I've spent in a long time!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Have tried to purchase these glasses from Amazon, but they state they are not available, and don't know if they will be in the future. Anyone know of another source (NOT the manufacturers). I create a lot of ColorMaps for SoundSpectrum and really do need just the one pair to experiment with. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Regards BTT

carl1011

Post by carl1011 »

The glasses are available from Amazon USA. They are well worth the cost. Simply amazing!

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

carl1011 wrote:The glasses are available from Amazon USA. They are well worth the cost. Simply amazing!
Hi Carl

I removed your link

Telling people where to get them is ok but our admin does not allow any links.

Thanks.

steve3oh3

American Paper Optics

Post by steve3oh3 »

I've bought several of these types of glasses and the best ones are from the manufacturer American Paper Optics. They own the patent on the Chromadepth technology, so if you get any other brand they are cheap knock-offs. Google ChromoPro 3d at The 3D Market.

You want the ChromaPro version that is $18 for 3 pairs. Those are the best lenses on the most durable plastic frames, not paper. Trust me on this one as I wear them to raves and EDM shows too and need them to not fall apart.

What would be great is if somehow a PC screen filter program running on top of G-Force could accomplish the same effect without the glasses. I don't know much about video technology, but that would be really sweet. I have heard somewhere before that you can turn the 3D option on some 3DTV's and the G-Force will become 3D on the TV. Maybe someone else could try this out because I don't have a 3DTV.

BTW, I've been doing this since with Chromadepth and G-Force since 2007 :mrgreen:

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Personally, I've been using SS visualizers in 3D when my PC is connected to the 55 inch Sony Bravia HD 3D TV in the lounge, through a 5 metre gold-plated HDMI cable from my GPU card's HDMI straight to the Television.
The Sony TV here is passive 3D, using Sony 3D glasses with no reliance on a battery powered 'active' 3D glasses.

Admittedly I tried to just 'make it work' without any purchases to no avail... a Nvidia Graphics Card meant for me that there's an option to buy the 'NVidia 3D TV Play' license from the Nvidia Store...
which integrates with the Nvidia Control Panel and allows license holders to activate 3D TV Play at either 720p 60Hz or 1080 @ 24Hertz.

I bought my 'Nvidia 3D TV Play' license from the Nvidia 'UK' store because there isn't a regionalized Nvidia store for Australians, it went through fine.

Once the license is activated and enabled in the Control Panel users can choose a 3D depth anywhere on a sliding scale from 1-100% (default is 25 or 30%) and the appropriate resolution.
I like the 60Hz framerate of 60fps, its faster than 24Hz/24fps so I go with the 720p resolution.

Aeon and Whitecap work rather well, and Aeon is best because of all the 3D shapes and visuals.
G-Force still works but is a little milder at present although this can be improved by coding in depth values (z-index depth styles like used in HTML coding).

Prepare to be gobsmacked if you witness SS visualizers in proper 3D...!

Hope this helps someone, thanks ;)

Alf in Adelaide, Australia :)

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi Alfie,

That's awesome! Your set-up sounds amazing. It sounds like they use stereo optical filters, so a 3D image couldn't be recorded by your camera. Send me a support request or email if you want to follow up on this.

I've gotten to try out the Chromadepth glasses, and I was blown away by how well they work. What are everybody else's experiences?