Newbie question -how to turn it off?

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

oomph

Newbie question -how to turn it off?

Post by oomph »

Call me a newbie, but I cannot figure out how to disable Whitecap when I don't wish to run it...used to just right-click inside of Windows Media Player and go to "Visualizations" and select a new one or turn it off, now right-click options only show Whitecap functions...so how do I turn it off? Help please....

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello oomph

Have you tried pressing Escape or Shift and Escape together?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

oomph

Post by oomph »

That doesn't seem to do anything, even when used in conjunction with mouse-clicking :)
Seriously, there must be a way to disable it or turn it off right??? It's running always with my media player, I don't want it always on!!!

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi oomph

Start the player and right click the screen there you will see options. Click visualizations and you will see options for no visualizer or others, select no visualizer and see if that stops it from starting upon next startup.

When right clicking the screen you will also see a selection for more options this will bring up a panel with all the media player options. The top tab is named plugins, click it and there you will see the visualizers that are available. If the above method doesn't work go there and change the visualizer and see if that works.

oomph

Post by oomph »

Aha - I figured it out - you have to right-click up the very top of the player, by the grey bar, and then you get the Windows Media Player options....everywhere else on the screen (about 90% of it!!!) only brings up the Whitecap options.
Thanks anyway guys!
Oomph

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi Oomph,

Windows Media Player is a little confusing.

The player displays WhiteCap in the "Now Playing" portion of itself. To exit this portion, go to the upper-right corner of the display, and click the button there. It should take you back to your media files. To go back, click the "Now Playing" button again, now in teh lower-right corner. Note that you cannot be in full screen mode to do this.