Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi
what's new
I really don't know what you mean. It has not happened before, has it? :wink:
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

sharok

Aeon Transition jerking motion Issue

Post by sharok »

Hello BTT,

Do you know whether the Aeon jerking motion during scene transition has been fixed in the new upgrade?

Thanks

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

We haven't had any complaints about it in a while. If you'd like to check out what we've done, the link to the version history is below.

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/aeon/Docu ... story.html

If you'd like to see for yourself, there are trial versions of all of our products available from the front page of our site. Please open a support request if you encounter the issue.

sharok

Post by sharok »

Hi Frank,

I just upgraded both G-Force and Aeon to platinum.

To be honest with you, I still have the same issue (again, only with Aeon. G-Force is fine) with the latest version. I was hoping that the new (upcoming) version fixed that issue.

I'll test the Aeon again, when I get the new upgrade and I'll you an update on that.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

Many thanks for your post, seems someone else thinks they are BTT!!!!!. I would have thought the person who answered you from SoundSpectrum would have been fully aware of this ongoing problem with Aeon, and should know if in the latest version the jerking motion has been resolved.
Regards BTT

sharok

Post by sharok »

Good Morning BTT,

Well, I mentioned this issue to the Soundspectrum support, a long time ago.

And Frank assured me that "Aeon is very special" :lol:

I think he meant Aeon was very special since it has that jerking motion during scene transition.

I hope they fixed it which I really doubt it, but lets see.

BTW, does the Aeon developer test his product before he releases a new version???

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

To be honest I know very little of what goes on at SoundSpectrum. Along with now just a handful of forum members I was there at the beginning (1998 - 2000) I think. I have supported Andy in many ways since then. I believe the 'jerking motion' may be unsolvable in Aeon, although I obviously hope I am wrong. All SoundSpectrum products in their different ways are special. Like most companies these days things are tough out there, so spread the word about SoundSpectrum visualisations, and how great they are.
Regards BTT

sharok

Post by sharok »

Hi BTT,

I agree with you and Frank 100%.

Soundspectrum products are fantastic. That was why I renewed my licenses again for Aeon and G-Force.

I agree with Frank when he says "Aeon is very special". I love it. It is just sad to see such great product has such obvious flaw for a long time.

But if it is unsolvable (I didn't know that), then that is a different story. That, I understand and there is no need for me to bring it up again. I appreciate your honesty.

I still love Aeon and I can enjoy it the way it is and I still appreciate all the hard work that the developer and soundspectrum put into developing all those incredible products.

Everytime I have a guest at home, I show off my system by playing music and running Aeon/G-force on my TV and they are always impressed by what they see.

I can't wait for the new versions.

Many thanks again.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

Just to clarify this part of your last post:
But if it is unsolvable (I didn't know that)

What I actually said was:
I believe the 'jerking motion' may be unsolvable in Aeon, although I obviously hope I am wrong.
Regards BTT

sharok

Post by sharok »

Hello BTT,

Thanks for correcting me. But I wont ask about it anymore.

cwoolrich

Re: Aeon Transition jerking motion Issue

Post by cwoolrich »

sharok wrote:Hello BTT,

Do you know whether the Aeon jerking motion during scene transition has been fixed in the new upgrade?

Thanks
I am just a user, but I assume you mean how seamlessly scenes transition. On its own the current version of Aeon works prolly 80 percent better than previous versions on factory presets for seamless scene transitions. As a novice I have experimented with settings and setting scene transitions to a slower time has worked wonderfully for me in my personal presets. I have personal presets that have no jerking during scene transition.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello cwoolrich
As a novice I have experimented with settings and setting scene transitions to a slower time has worked wonderfully for me in my personal presets. I have personal presets that have no jerking during scene transition.
That's fantastic that you have found a work-around. To help other forum members achieve the same results would you be prepared to share the details of your custom settings?

I have not yet seen the new version of Aeon so am unable to say yes or no as to if the jerking motion during scene transitions has been fixed.
Regards BTT

sharok

Post by sharok »

Hello cwoolrich,

As BTT said, that would be very kind of you to share some details on how to make a smoother scene transition.

Sincerely,

Sharok

cwoolrich

Post by cwoolrich »

sharok wrote:Hello cwoolrich,

As BTT said, that would be very kind of you to share some details on how to make a smoother scene transition.

Sincerely,

Sharok
I wish I could do so. But the Aeon interface is so confusing and complicated. I have previously requested that the number one improvement to Aeon is to have the ability for users to share their presets. I have no idea how to share this setting with you. sorry.

sharok

Post by sharok »

Hi cwoolrich,

Can you inform the developer (sound spectrum support) about the parameters that you tweaked in order to get a smooth transition?

Since the Aeon developer is the most knowledgeable person as far as the Aeon interface is concerned.

But I'm sure that other than the Aeon developer, there are other users in this thread who are also very falmiliar with the interface.

Then he maybe able to fix it for the users.

Thanks