Screensaver does not work. Quick blinks of blue sky/clouds..

Discussion forum for SoftSkies users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

perryjp20

Screensaver does not work. Quick blinks of blue sky/clouds..

Post by perryjp20 »

I purchased Softskies a few days ago. Specifically for the screensaver, which does not work. when my screensaver is supposed to turn on, my screen goes blank and all I get are quick, little blinks of the screensaver every few second. SO frustrating! Anyone else ever have this happen to them and if so how did they fix it? Soundspectrum has been-zero-help.
Thank!
Joey

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hi Joey

What do you mean by "zero help"? No answer to your support ticket or what?

First thing we need to know is what your operating system you use, ( are you on a mac or windows machine) and what type of graphics card you have and then we can go from there.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello perryjp20

How do I install the SoftSkies Screen Saver?

The SoftSkies Screen Saver is automatically included in your SoftSkies Platinum download (or your SoftSkies Gold download, if you also purchased the Screen Saver). On Windows, please follow the on-screen instructions listed in the last step of the installer (select Start > Control Panel > Display > Screen Saver). On OS X, select SoftSkies as the current Screen Saver in your System Preferences (note, please close and then restart your System Preferences if the SoftSkies Screen Saver does not become visible subsequent to install).

(Source SoundSpectrum)

Should you still have a problem open a support ticket here:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

perryjp20

Post by perryjp20 »

I have done ALL of those things...No help. Soundspectrum sent me an email, "uninstall, restart, reinstall". Same thing..No change...

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Hi perryjp20,

Looking at the Soundspectrum Softskies Visualizer 'Documentation' page, it refers to Softskies last being updated to Version 1.7 on the 6 December 2011....

Now either that version history hasn't been updated, or the program hasn't been updated for over TWO years, if SS is going to plug a visualizer as 20 percent off in an email, you'd think it would be current / updated / compatible with the latest Windows and MAC Operating Systems.....

Maybe Frank (SS Admin Support and some Moderators) can chime in with some more details on what's happened or happening with Softskies and if it will remain a current SS visualizer in the future.....

Hope this helps, 8)

Alf from Australia

P.S. The last time I bought a Softskies Platinum license was Feb 2011 with a One Year Full Maintenance Period....

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

perryjp20 wrote:I have done ALL of those things...No help. Soundspectrum sent me an email, "uninstall, restart, reinstall". Same thing..No change...
No one here can help you properly without knowing what type of computer you have.

again I ask , are you mac or windows.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello perryjp20

Reading the comments from ozbeats I suggest the only way you will receive help is to contact SoundSpectrum again, I am surprised if all SoundSpectrum advised was to uninstall then reinstall.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

I have sent an email to SoundSpectrum asking them to respond.

ozbeats SoundSpectrum do not give us anymore information than is available to others!!!
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

I will say it again No one here can help you unless you give up more info on the specs of your computer.

If you do not wish to tell us what you have then dont expect any help from the forum. We cannot trouble shoot what we dont know about. Simply telling us that your screen saver isnt working wont cut it.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi perryjp20,

If you have a support ticket open, I suggest you follow up with me there. You can reply by clicking the link in the email. Then we can post your solution here.

However, I can use this space to announce that we will be releasing a beta version of SoftSkies in the coming weeks. We're really excited about finally getting it back on a regular update schedule! Sign up for the beta list at the URL below.

-https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/beta_list.html

perryjp20

Post by perryjp20 »

Duh...Sorry. I made it myself, running Windows 8.1, AMDFX.8150 8 Core Processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX560 video card, 8 gigs of ram.
Does this help any? thanks for all your replies so far, I appreciate the help...

Joey
juxtiphi wrote:
perryjp20 wrote:I have done ALL of those things...No help. Soundspectrum sent me an email, "uninstall, restart, reinstall". Same thing..No change...
No one here can help you properly without knowing what type of computer you have.

again I ask , are you mac or windows.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

perryjp20 wrote:Duh...Sorry. I made it myself, running Windows 8.1, AMDFX.8150 8 Core Processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX560 video card, 8 gigs of ram.
Does this help any? thanks for all your replies so far, I appreciate the help...

Joey
I dont work for Soundspectrum I just volunteer here and try to help if I can. Please take this with a grain of salt. I totally sympathize with you but,

In light of Franks announcement of an updated version being posted soon, how would you feel if I ask you to have patience and see if the update solves your problem.

If the update doesnt work then we will need to look deeper into how you have things set up on your rig. If thats the case I am sure your issue could be resolved as there are a also others here more knowledgeable than I who will be glad to lend assistance.

perryjp20

Post by perryjp20 »

When is this update coming? Any idea? Thanks for trying to help...
Joey

juxtiphi wrote:
perryjp20 wrote:Duh...Sorry. I made it myself, running Windows 8.1, AMDFX.8150 8 Core Processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX560 video card, 8 gigs of ram.

Joey
I dont work for Soundspectrum I just volunteer here and try to help if I can. Please take this with a grain of salt. I totally sympathize with you but,

In light of Franks announcement of an updated version being posted soon, how would you feel if I ask you to have patience and see if the update solves your problem.

If the update doesnt work then we will need to look deeper into how you have things set up on your rig. If thats the case I am sure your issue could be resolved as there are a also others here more knowledgeable than I who will be glad to lend assistance.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

perryjp20 wrote:When is this update coming? Any idea? Thanks for trying to help...
Joey

Well Frank says in the coming weeks. What kind of time frame that is is tough to tell but consider this, If there is a problem with Soft skies and it wont work with 8.1 until its updated there is noting you can do until then to make the old one work. If its a problem on your end which can happen then we need to look into how you have things set up.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

I dont work for Soundspectrum I just volunteer here and try to help if I can.
Furthermore, the Volunteer efforts made by juxtiphi and many others here on the Forums is greatly appreciated,
otherwise we would have had no forum to gauge others opinions or seek their assistance, help, and in some cases freebies as is the case with BTT's extra colormaps....

perryjp20

Post by perryjp20 »

Gotcha!
juxtiphi wrote:
perryjp20 wrote:When is this update coming? Any idea? Thanks for trying to help...
Joey

Well Frank says in the coming weeks. What kind of time frame that is is tough to tell but consider this, If there is a problem with Soft skies and it wont work with 8.1 until its updated there is noting you can do until then to make the old one work. If its a problem on your end which can happen then we need to look into how you have things set up.