Cannot activate WhiteCap Platinum

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Marc

Cannot activate WhiteCap Platinum

Post by Marc »

Hi,

I just downloaded my purchased version of Whitecap, but the installer won't accept my license code (sent to me via email). I am absolutely certain that I entered the code correctly.

Please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thanks a lot!
Marc

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Marc

Uninstall the program you have installed, and search for any SoundSpectrum related files or folders on your machine, there will be two or three. Then download the actual program again, it could be corrupt. When asked to enter the license code copy and paste this from the email.

If it still refuses to accept the licence code you need to open a support ticket here:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Seems there may be a pattern developing here. :?:

Marc

Post by Marc »

I deleted the SoundSpectrum folder in the hidden Library directory, but it still does not accept my license... I also re-downloaded my installer, didn't work. I opened a support ticket. This is really annoying, especially since I spent 30$ on this...

juxtiphi: what do you mean with pattern?

Marc

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Marc wrote:I deleted the SoundSpectrum folder in the hidden Library directory, but it still does not accept my license... I also re-downloaded my installer, didn't work. I opened a support ticket. This is really annoying, especially since I spent 30$ on this...

juxtiphi: what do you mean with pattern?

Marc
No worries, another person has reported the same type of problem you have.

Marc

Post by Marc »

oh ok... I hope it will be fixed soon!

in the meantime, is there an older version that doesn't have this issue which I could download? I really need it soon...

Marc

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Marc wrote:oh ok... I hope it will be fixed soon!

in the meantime, is there an older version that doesn't have this issue which I could download? I really need it soon...

Marc
There is no way to download older versions. What you can do is save the old exes in case of a problem.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Marc

Sorry you are having this problem, and thanks for your patience. We had a similar problem last week which was caused by our servers.

I have today sent an email to SoundSpectrum asking them to resolve your problem. Let us know when it's all sorted.
Regards BTT

Marc

Post by Marc »

Ok thank you! I hope it will be fixed soon! I'll let you know.

Marc

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Usually problems like this are solved by following the "re"-cycle:

1) Restart your computer
2) Disable any security software you have running (these often corrupt our installers and prevent verification of software during installation)
3) Re-download software
4) Re-install software
5) Re-enable security software

I'm tracking down your ticket and I'll respond ASAP. In the meantime, check out our FAQ (https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/faq.html), Troubleshooting (https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/D ... oting.html) and Documentation (https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/Documentation/).

Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi,
I am using a Mac running 10.9.1 There is no security software that I can turn on or off...

Kind Regards,
Marc

Marc

Post by Marc »

I also tried running it on a separate windows machine. Did not accept the license code. Same error.

Marc

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Marc wrote:I also tried running it on a separate windows machine. Did not accept the license code. Same error.

Marc
ICBW, I think each time you enter the code it creates a record of the installation back at SS so they know how many times the code has been used. I suppose that once the code is flagged as being used to many times it may become unusable until the situation is solved.

Sounds like SS are having some issues lately.

Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi, I was able to install it now!

Thanks a lot!

Marc

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Marc

Great news. How did you fix it?
Regards BTT