Whitecap Platinum trail version?

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Grazman

Whitecap Platinum trail version?

Post by Grazman »

I have a platinum version of Whitecap as well as G-Force and Softskies. I thought Platinum was better than gold version, but when I go to the visualizer, it says it's a trial version even though I've entered the serial number and verified it and everything. So, if I have a Platinum version of all 3, shouldn't they NOT be a trial version? Is that supposed to happen? Can anybody help me out with that? Any help is appreciated, thx.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Grazman

Are you saying you have bought a Platinum licence from SoundSpectrum for WhiteCap, Aeon, and G-Force. Three separate licence numbers? Are you sure you're entering the correct licence number for each product?

PLEASE DO NOT post your licence numbers here.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Grazman

Post by Grazman »

Yes, I bought a Platinum license for WhiteCap, G-Force, and Softskies. I don't know what Aeon is, so I obviously don't have a platinum license for THAT. Also, I am sure I'm entering the right license number, because if I enter it wrong, it tells me it's incorrect and won't continue. When I eneter the license number, it goes right on to the next step, which kind of makes me think it's correct. When I go to the visualizer, it shows whatever one I'm using and says Platinum, then that goes away and when it had totally faded out, it comes up with a a watermark of saying that it's a trial version and to upgrade to Gold. I thought Platinum was better than Gold, right?

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

What operating system are you running? If I were you I would uninstall both progs. Delete the soundspectrum folder and restart. Then install just one prog and see if that works if it does restart and try installing the next.

There should be no conflict between progs. Make sure that you have the correct serial for the right prog.

Grazman

Post by Grazman »

I'm running Windows XP SP2 and iTunes 4.7 and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing all of the programs and that didn't fix it either and I'm entering the correct serial #. IDK what else to do. Any advice?

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Grazman wrote:I'm running Windows XP SP2 and iTunes 4.7 and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing all of the programs and that didn't fix it either and I'm entering the correct serial #. IDK what else to do. Any advice?
I am sorry but I have no idea what the problem is.

click the link and open a support ticket wit SS

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Tell them all the important info like operating system and what player, along with your problem.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Grazman

The problem you are experiencing is because you have XP Service Pack 2 installed on your system. You need to upgrade to XP Service Pack 3, download this from an official Microsoft web site. After installation you then need to visit the Windows Update site, and download ,and install the many updates.

Before upgrading to Service Pack 3

1) Go into the Control Panel, and uninstall each SoundSpectrum product one at a time.
2) Look in C:\Program Files, and delete all SoundSpectrum Folders.
3) Click My Computer\Local Disk C:\Documents and Settings, delete all SoundSpectrum Folders, and Files.
4) Restart your computer.
Regards BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

You guys are great! 8)

Grazman

Post by Grazman »

Actually, I AM running Windows XP SP3, I THOUGH it was SP 2, but it's actually 3. I am updated as much as possible and I've deleted the SoundSpectrum file from my program files and deleted G-Force and Softskies from my control panel, but was unable to do the same with Whitecap.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Grazman wrote:Actually, I AM running Windows XP SP3, I THOUGH it was SP 2, but it's actually 3. I am updated as much as possible and I've deleted the SoundSpectrum file from my program files and deleted G-Force and Softskies from my control panel, but was unable to do the same with Whitecap.
If you cannot delete a file that usually means its open or running. You may have some conflicts in your windows registry.

Have you opened a support ticket as I suggested?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Grazman

When you are unable to uninstall a program using the Control Panel it's usually because the program has become corrupt. Try to install WhiteCap again, if all goes well restart your computer then try to uninstall the program again. Let us know if that works.

If you see any error messages write them down, and post them back here.
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Frank
FrankN wrote:You guys are great! 8)
Yes we are, and where have you been lately?
Regards BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Things have gotten very busy at the office, plus the weather has been quite bad lately, so I haven't been able to check in on the forums as much as I'd like. I appreciate the support you have been giving each other!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Grazman

Have you managed to get things working?
Regards BTT

Grazman

Post by Grazman »

No. It doesn't say "This is a trial version" until I try to use the waveshapes or any of the other features. IDK why it still isn't working.