SYPHON SUPPORT

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Mssngmrblz

SYPHON SUPPORT

Post by Mssngmrblz »

Please add...pretty please!

I would love to be able to throw to some G-Force into my visuals without having to switch HDMI cables or switch apps and let everyone see the embarrassing pic i have on my desktop.

Is it possible?
been using G-Force since 1999 Thereabouts!
Electro-Freaky-Tek

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Mssngmrblz

Sorry to disappoint you, but to my knowledge SoundSpectrum have no plans to support Syphon.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

We've considered it, but I'm afraid I just don't understand very well what it does. Could you explain more about what you intend to do with it? Is there a Windows equivalent?

imackay

Post by imackay »

FrankN wrote:We've considered it, but I'm afraid I just don't understand very well what it does. Could you explain more about what you intend to do with it? Is there a Windows equivalent?
Spout. Wyphon.

visual-society.com/2014/spout-syphon-for-windows/

Syphon SDK.

syphon.v002.info/

Mostly it is used for video mixing (vjing). Generative visualisers can be mixed with video for example and effected, masked etc.

04-lvl3-pdl.vimeocdn.com/01/2370/3/86851859/228123969.mp4?expires=1492778598&token=075409c5b2052d8156080

EDIT

Links have been edited to reflect forum policy of no linking to outside sites

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

I saw the website and found that it is a macOS-only application. I think it should only be designed to work with G-Force for macOS.

Hamler

Post by Hamler »

Any further info on Spout support for the PC? I want to use G-Force in my VJ software, and right now I have to run a completely separate laptop only running G-Force Standalone, plumbed into my VJ laptop via an HDMI capture device.

Spout would be SO much better! I don't know the technical details, only that G-Force would have to be configured as a Spout "sender". Then the VJ software (Arkaos VJ) can "grab" full-screen G-Force and bring it into Arkaos VJ.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Hamler

To the best of my knowledge SoundSpectrum have no plans to support Spout.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.