AEON with 3D notebooks V-cards/TVs...

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Spirit Wolfe

AEON with 3D notebooks V-cards/TVs...

Post by Spirit Wolfe »

Hello to all and Happy (belated) Holidays to all within the Soundspectrum Community, and to Frank, Andy and the rest of the support team:

As I have been reading up within the forums about this great new road taken by Soundspectrum with the Aeon visualization I was thinking about how great this would look upon a 3-dimentional screen in 3D form. Some of these unique and eye catching visual performances would look awesome upon screens like these. Since no one has expressed, commented, or created a forum response (that I noticed, anyway) I thought I would start one and I hope this would become a STICKY so that there would be sort of a benchmark of sorts on how the Aeon visualization continues forward growth in this ever growing field of 3-dimentional activity, especially taking it one step further into the unknown of holographic imaging...

However, as being a disabled unemployed college student I have not the luxury to own such devices (I recently lost my ASUS N90Sv customized notebook due to water damage and ultimately motherboard failure, unfortunately) right now, I have to rely on others with the resources of owning such luxuries, which is okay by me, for I would not be writing if I was not curious, if only by a little bit.

I would quite like to find out (and one day see for myself) how this visualization displays on a 3-D screens and what does the community think about how this visualization and screensaver can move forward. This is by far one of the best visualization programs this team of unique programmers has turned out yet.

My heartfelt thanks to the Soundspectrum Team. I will continue to support your efforts for as long as I can...

Cheers!

Spirit Wolfe
a.k.a. Sawuwaya within the Google+ Community...

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi Spirit Wolfe!

Thanks for kind words and support! Wonderful users like yourself are why we keep looking for new ways to explore visualization.

Unfortunately, at this time, we don't have the resources to create a visualizer that is compatible with 3D screens. That is certainly a suggestion that we will take into consideration.

Happy Holidays!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

When 3D movies first became available it seemed to be all the rage, then reports started becoming known that many, many people were suffering various side effects from watching 3D. During the recent holidays a group of six of us settled down to watch a 3D movie on a 3D television. Within 20 to 30 minutes everyone had removed the 3D glasses. So, SoundSpectrum taking a lot of time, and resources to make their products available in 3D would in my opinion be a waste of such time.

Regards BTT

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

FrankN wrote:Unfortunately, at this time, we don't have the resources to create a visualizer that is compatible with 3D screens. That is certainly a suggestion that we will take into consideration.

Happy Holidays!
Hi everyone, regarding 3D, here's a revelation (for some)

Aeon does work in 3D quite well, Whitecap is next best, then G-force which doesn't have nearly as many 3D shapes integrates into scenes, etc.

I use the standalone 64bit versions, and the only other media player I know of that can output 3d from MP3 playback, etc, is the newly re-sold Winamp. (WMP, WMC and iTunes don't recognize or allow for 3d visuals.)

I'm using a HP Quadcore Q6600 2.4GHZ CPU, a 2GB Nvidia GTX 660Ti, 8 Gigs of RAM, and Windows 8.1 Pro with WMC 64-bit

An integral part I needed to make this work on my rig is Nvidia 3DTV play, I live in Australia and therefore had to discover buying it from the Nvidia UK online shop was my only option for acquiring this Nvidia Control Panel Plug-in.

Watching in full Passive 3d (no batteries in glasses) on a 2013 Sony Bravia 55 inch W800A LED LCD either at 24Hz (24fps) at 1080p resolution,
or the recommended 60 Hertz (equates to 60 fps) at 720p HD resolution, it works amazingly, the scenes fly out at you and are immersive, also showing clarity, depth and astonishing responsiveness.

So it's not that SS visuals don't currently work in 3d, it depends whether you make your rig a setup full capable of computing such technology correctly.....

Honestly don't doubt SS's Aeon in 3d or knock it until you try it first.... :)

Thanks from Alf 8)

Spirit Wolfe

Post by Spirit Wolfe »

This is what I kind of thought about when I was authoring this post onto the SS Forums. I do not seem to have the problem like my mother (who is in her 60s - so I can understand this) and other people have when it comes to watching a program, visualization or movie in full blown 720p or 1080p three-dimensional HD. Matter of fact I have sat down and watched movies back-to-back in full blown 3D and had not had issues with my eyesight at all.
I do know and have noted that some people not only get massive headaches but also get motion sickness as well...just like being on a boat, interesting... I have also have heard of some people needing to take Dramamine in order to get through a 3-D HD movie, but there are no headache "side affects". Again, interesting. I love 3D HD and I cannot get enough. I have even sat through AVATAR three times: once in 2D, again in Real 3D...and the third when the extended version came to IMAX 3D. Which was well worth the price of admission. The first real IMAX 3D movie that I saw was the
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, in 2010...that movie was all CGI and was excellent.

You know come to think of it I believe that there is another program that allows for visualizations as well and that is Cyberlink's PowerDVD ... too bad SS does not provide a plugin for PowerDVD, as well.

Cheers!
SW / Sawuwaya (Cherokee for One Wolfe)

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Wow, ozbeats, that's really amazing! What motivated you to figure out how to do that? Where did you learn? I'd love to see a video, if it shows up well on camera.

Edit: I dunno, this idea is interesting. Do you guys know people with 3D TVs? Personally, I don't, so I'm more inclined to agree with BTT.