Bullseye Scene gone from newest version

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

jochew

Bullseye Scene gone from newest version

Post by jochew »

Hey there, anyone know how I can get the 'Bullseye' scene back to the newest version?

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi!

I'm not familiar with Bullseye, is it a Background or a WaveShape? I'll see if we can get it back in.

jochew

Post by jochew »

Thank you Frank. It is a background that was removed in the latest update. Basically it's a lot of bulleye circles floating around. If possible i would love to have it back.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello jochew

Please check your mail box.

Regards BTT

jochew

Post by jochew »

Thank you for the email. I did install as I have others in the past and it is not loading. It is giving me the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundSpectrum\ WhiteCap\Library\SSEngine.py" line 828, in RenderFrame scene.RenderScene ( in TimeIndex, self/mAudioData )
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundSpectrum\ WhiteCap\Library\SSEngine.py" line 181, in RenderScene layer.Draw( self.mTimeData.t, self.mTimeData.dt, InAudioData )
TypeError: Draw ( ) takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

I appreciate any help that can be given. (Also, the background 'Passive' I have discovered is gone in this update. If it can be given the same attention I'd be so happy! Thank you to all that can help!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello jochew

You did put it in the Home / Backgrounds Folder?

I did wonder if it needed to be included in other files, still it was worth the effort. I think it's probably gone for good, same as Passive.

Regards BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi Jochew,

You're using the latest version of WhiteCap, right? The Home folder should no longer be used. The file should go in Backgrounds.

Based on your error message, I think the Draw function has changed between versions, and I'll investigate further.

jochew

Post by jochew »

Yes, using latest version and I rechecked making sure i put in correct file. Thank you for helping with this. I hope it' san easy fix.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hey guys,

Just so you know, if you encounter this error ever again, it is because the Draw method has changed. Go into the .py file of the the affected Visual Element, and replace

Code: Select all

def Draw( self, time, fft ):
with

Code: Select all

def Draw( self, time, dt, inAudio ):
Enjoy!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Frank

Thanks for staying with this one, and providing a solution.

Regards BTT