Aeon Platinum...Make the graphics dance to my music ?

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

AaronBo

Aeon Platinum...Make the graphics dance to my music ?

Post by AaronBo »

Hey, I have this product, but I would like to make the graphical effects dance towards the current sound that is playing. I am playing the sound through my browser Google Chrome on the website play.google.com. How can I enable the screensaver to dance to that music? Is it possible without making it use the microphone? Please help, thanks :D
I have seen the very pretty effects of the product, however I have not yet seen how it can dance to any music. I would love to see it dance to the sound.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello AaronBo

I would suggest you contact SoundSpectrum direct by clicking on the link below:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/

Regards BTT

AaronBo

Post by AaronBo »

Thanks so much for that link. I found exactly what I needed in the FAQ

neoxeo

Post by neoxeo »

Hi AaronBo,

If you have find solution, share it.

Thank you.

AaronBo

Post by AaronBo »

Hey Yeh sure. I just recently upgraded to Windows 8 (really bad OS) so I don't have any software in front of me. But here is some answer in the FAQ that helped. Check out the link that the first person mentioned, and click on AEON in Technical Support subheading and then click on FAQ in the left hand side. scroll down to the GENERAL section it is very helpful. Here is one answer:

"Because most users don't typically have an active sound source when the screen saver runs, we set the screen saver to visualize to one of our "Sound Generator" modes by default. This provides a sound source for Aeon to visualize when no active sound sources are present on your system. However, you can change which audio input source the screen saver uses for audio input by editing your screen saver's prefs file:
Start the Aeon Standalone and select the desired sound source (see "How do I select an audio input source in Aeon Standalone?" above). If available, a source named "stereo mix" (or something similarly named, depending on your drivers and hardware) can be effective for visualizing your system's audio output.
Open the Aeon preference files for both Standalone and Screen Saver (for Windows XP, this file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\ Application Data\SoundSpectrum\Aeon\, for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 in C:\Users\USER_NAME\ AppData\Roaming\SoundSpectrum\Aeon\, and for Mac OS in home/Library/Preferences/SoundSpectrum/Aeon/).
Find and copy the value of Audio.InputSource from your Standalone to your Screen Saver preferences file (this tells the Aeon Screen Saver to use to the same audio input source as you had set in the Aeon Standalone)."

neoxeo

Post by neoxeo »

Thank you AaronBo !

ted

Post by ted »

Content removed by BTT