Some WaveShapes Aren't Working

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

digitalmacka

Some WaveShapes Aren't Working

Post by digitalmacka »

The waveshapes that don't work properly are: AT Field, Bessel, Lombrick, Perturbed, Reef Ride and Ripple. Their colours move in sync with music, however the lines don't move at all, I remember that "Bessel" would move like a sub woofer, but now it's perfectly still.

I looked at their files and they all have something in common that the other waveshapes don't seem to have, they have "BASS" in their files

I'm using version 6.0.2 but I also had this problem with 5.7.1 which I was using before updating, I think these waveshapes used to work fine in 5.7.1 until one day, they didn't.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello digitalmacka

Your issue could be caused by corrupt files. You could try uninstalling WhiteCap, deleting all files, and folders in Program Files, and Documents and Settings. Download and install WhiteCap again from SoundSpectrum.

Should this not resolve the problem you will need to contact SoundSpectrum:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Regards BTT

lgreeff

Post by lgreeff »

Hi, I have the same problem with Waveforms not working. I have re-installed a few times, as Administrator, with anti-virus off etc, after fresh re-start etc and no luck.

Not working for me: AT Field, Bessel, Lombrick, Perturbed, Ribbon, Ripple. Some of them do show audio respose in color changes only, and then only with some color maps.

If this is intended I would be very interested to know what to add to their files to get the lines to respond as well.

Thanks,
Leon.

Abrc14

What I think...

Post by Abrc14 »

I just noticed that these waveshapes are in the "Subtle" category. There must be something wrong with it.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Have today sent an email to SoundSpectrum asking for them to reply to your posts.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Re: What I think...

Post by juxtiphi »

Abrc14 wrote:I just noticed that these waveshapes are in the "Subtle" category. There must be something wrong with it.
Its probably just a coding error. It'l get fixed.

lgreeff

Post by lgreeff »

Excellent, thanks.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Abrc14 and lgreeff

Have received a reply to my email from SoundSpectrum, and Frank who looks after the support section is away for a few days. Apologies for the delay, but give them a few days.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for giving me a few days. I will investigate further, but as long as I have been working at SoundSpectrum, this is the way these WaveShapes have behaved. That's why I put them in the Subtle Category (so that if you don't like them, they can be easily removed). Did they behave differently before? What version were you using when they acted differently? Please let me know if there's anything more that I can do to help you.

lgreeff

Post by lgreeff »

It was from 5 years ago - not sure the version sorry. Also not sure if they all animated to the audio but I don't remember that any didn't. It's not a major deal for me and I can modify the config files to add the animation. I'm just not sure what to add.

On a slightly separate but related note - I am keen to have all my waveforms animated to the same degree, with a full range of frequency and audio responsiveness. Maybe if I could get the coding for that I could add it to these and the others also (:

As a bonus from blind experimenting I did get the ribbon to animate but it's range is a bit limited. Here's the code:

/* RibbonForwardToTopLeftwithAudioAnimation */

Rows=40

TMap=".3 * dt"

CamX="30 * cos( 4.0 - B1 )"
CamY="320 * sin( 4.0 - B1 )"
CamZ="30 + 30 * cos( t * .3 )"

CamD=" 90 "

CmLX=" 10 "
CmLY=" -60 "
CmLZ=" -2 "

CUpX=" 0 "
CUpY=" 0 "
CUpZ=" 1 "

W="1.1"

A0="6 * ( cols(s) ) / ( cols(s) - 1 )" // const to make s go from exactly -3 to 3
A1="10"

B0=".3 * log( 5 * BASS + 1 ) + .4"
B1=".25 * ( sin( t * .2 ) + 1 )"

A="1- ( 2 * ( s - .5 ) )^8"

ConL=0
ConB=0

A0="5 + rnd( 15 )" // amplitude
A1="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A2="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A3="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A4="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A5="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A6= "1 + rnd( 20 )" // freq
A7= "1 + rnd( 20 )"
A8= "1 + rnd( 20 )"
A9= "1 + rnd( 20 )"
A10="1 + rnd( 20 )"
A11="1 + rnd( 20 )"
A12=".3 + rnd( 1 )" // phase
A13=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A14=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A15=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A16=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A17=".3 + rnd( 1 )"

X="30 * ( dt - .8 )"
Y="500 * ( .5 - s )"
Z="
A0 * sin( s * A6 + C0 * A12 ) +
A1 * sin( s * A7 + C0 * A13 ) +
A2 * sin( s * A8 - C0 * A14 ) +
A3 * cos( s * A9 - C0 * A15 ) +
A4 * cos( s * A10- C0 * A16 ) +
A5 * cos( s * A11- C0 * A17 ) * fft( s )"

C0=".6 * ( t - dt )"

ConL=0
ConB=1

// SDG

Vers=500

And as a bonus I got it to go across the screen but unfortunately lost the width:

/* RibbonRightToLeftWithAudioAnimation */

Rows=40

TMap=".3 * dt"

CamX="30 * cos( 4.0 - B1 )"
CamY="320 * sin( 4.0 - B1 )"
CamZ="30 + 30 * cos( t * .3 )"

CamD=" 90 "

CmLX=" 10 "
CmLY=" -60 "
CmLZ=" -2 "

CUpX=" 0 "
CUpY=" 0 "
CUpZ=" 1 "

W=".1"

A0="6 * ( cols(s) ) / ( cols(s) - 1 )" // const to make s go from exactly -3 to 3
A1="10"

B0=".3 * log( 5 * BASS + 1 ) + .4"
B1=".25 * ( sin( t * .2 ) + 1 )"

A=".5- ( 2 * ( s - .5 ) )^8"

ConL=0
ConB=0

A0="5 + rnd( 15 )" // amplitude
A1="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A2="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A3="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A4="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A5="5 + rnd( 15 )"
A6= "1 + rnd( 20 )" // freq
A7= "1 + rnd( 20 )"
A8= "1 + rnd( 20 )"
A9= "1 + rnd( 20 )"
A10="1 + rnd( 20 )"
A11="1 + rnd( 20 )"
A12=".3 + rnd( 1 )" // phase
A13=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A14=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A15=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A16=".3 + rnd( 1 )"
A17=".3 + rnd( 1 )"

X="30 * ( dt - .8 )"
Y="500 * ( .5 - s )"
Z="
A0 * sin( s * A6 + C0 * A12 ) +
A1 * sin( s * A7 + C0 * A13 ) +
A2 * sin( s * A8 - C0 * A14 ) +
A3 * cos( s * A9 - C0 * A15 ) +
A4 * cos( s * A10- C0 * A16 ) +
A5 * cos( s * A11- C0 * A17 ) * fft( s )"

C0=".6 * ( t - dt )"

ConL=0
ConB=1

// SDG

G

TMap=".3 * dt"

Rows=80

CamX="120"
CamY="15 * cos( t * .2 )"
CamZ="sin(t * .2) * 6"

CmLX="0"
CmLY="0"
CmLZ="0"

CUpX="0"
CUpY="0"
CUpZ="1"

A=".5 - dt"

Vers=500

Hopefully this may help someone else a bit
Leon.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

That's great! Experimentation is what this board is all about! Can you edit your post and bold the lines that you changed? I'd love to know more.

In regards to animating your other WaveShapes, are NONE of your WaveShapes working?

lgreeff

Post by lgreeff »

Sadly I don't really know what I did. I just kept adding and deleting until something worked. I do remember that I started by adding in the code from Slipstream and then just playing with that.

My waveforms all work except for those I mentioned in my first post. What I am after is a way to get all my waveforms to respond to audio in the same way. Some react more than others and some react to different types of sound. I would like to get them all to respond to the audio in the same way.

But that is unrelated to this thread really. I just thought that if I could get code to add to those that aren't working and it's code that causes the waveforms to respond to frequency and bass then maybe I could edit all my waveforms with that code.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi,

That's how you learn to program! Keep playing around, and soon you'll be making your own WaveShapes!

Unfortunately, we don't really have the resources to reprogram all of our WaveShapes to suit the different needs of each of our users. Why don't you find a WaveShape that responds in the way that you like, and start figuring out how to implement that into other WaveShapes? We'll be happy to help with specific questions that you have. Check out our documentation!

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

FrankN wrote:Hi,

That's how you learn to program! Keep playing around, and soon you'll be making your own WaveShapes!

Unfortunately, we don't really have the resources to reprogram all of our WaveShapes to suit the different needs of each of our users. Why don't you find a WaveShape that responds in the way that you like, and start figuring out how to implement that into other WaveShapes? We'll be happy to help with specific questions that you have. Check out our documentation!
Here's a simple suggestion, Don't include configs that just sit there in the first place? I have mentioned it before that some configs dont do anything at all when on screen, change to the next config and bang its all moving again.

lgreeff

Post by lgreeff »

Ah sorry, bit of mis-communication it seems. I didn't mean for all of them to be changed. It's just something I wanted to do myself. Mainly for those that aren't working.
I am happy to add the bit of code that affects the audio responsiveness myself. I would have done so already but I had great trouble isolating that bit of code.

So that is what I am after, just a bit of code I could add that would get the waveshape to respond to the audio, preferably code that uses bass, volume and frequency.

Sorry again for any confusion. I will at some point play around again and try and figure it out but unfortunately am involved in a huge project atm that's pretty much 24/7. I have WhiteCap, Aeon, and G-Force running all the time (extra monitors) so that helps (:

Leon.