Performance problems

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

bob.george

Performance problems

Post by bob.george »

Hy,
today I bought the Aeon visualization for my Windows Media Center PC, running on Windows 7 32 Bit. The performance is very bad, it always stutters, especially when large 3D-Objects move over the screen. I tried to deactivate the Antivirus-software and the hyperthreading, but nothing helps. The processor load is not higher than 30%. Does anyone has an idea?

My system:
Prozessor: Intel i3-530
MB: Intel DH57DD
RAM: 4 GB A-Data Value DDR3 1333
SSD: Intel 320series 2,5" SSD 120 GB
Sound and Video: onboard

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello bob.george

This normally happens when you have a low amount of RAM (that doesn't apply to you) or not enough Graphics power. Aeon is very hungry when it comes to graphics power. Have you any idea how many Mb's your graphics has?.

Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

My brand new Asus running windows 7 64 bit cant even handle Aeon as the onboard video isnt up to par.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

In my own experience Aeon required a minimum of 512Mb of a dedicated graphics card to operate with any smoothness, it still had a slight pause though when changing scenes. As I mentioned earlier Aeon is very resource hungry.

I don't know what the specs are of on-board graphics but, I believe they would need to be the equivalent of a 512Mb graphics card for Aeon to run smoothly.

Regards BTT

EdH63

Post by EdH63 »

Merry Christmas to all.

I'm running Win 7 64bit, 4 GIGS RAM, Quad Core Processing (although I don't believe these types of products benefit fully from all 4 cores) with a Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB card and it runs pretty smooth. I do wish, however, they could run a smooth transition from scene to scene. I've read the reasons why it happens, but for a paid app, you really want perfection. I'm just saying, if a developer charges a premium price for something, any developer for any product, then the result should be a premium product. If a developer creates apps and then asks a price for them, then that developer really should "develop" the product to its fullest. If the product is not 100%, then that product really shouldn't go to market because the market is then a beta test while the developer charges premiums for a less than 100% product. This is not just Soundspectrum, but any given manufacture of any given product out there. Too many times products are released underdeveloped.

Keep this in mind, however, Soundspectrum puts out some pretty cool products, and overall, I like Aeon. I'm just a picky so and so.[-X

Edited (no naughty words please) BTT

You're in the business... develop. :wink:

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

EdH63 wrote:Merry Christmas to all.

I'm running Win 7 64bit, 4 GIGS RAM, Quad Core Processing (although I don't believe these types of products benefit fully from all 4 cores) with a Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB card and it runs pretty smooth. I do wish, however, they could run a smooth transition from scene to scene. I've read the reasons why it happens, but for a paid app, you really want perfection. I'm just saying, if a developer charges a premium price for something, any developer for any product, then the result should be a premium product. If a developer creates apps and then asks a price for them, then that developer really should "develop" the product to its fullest. If the product is not 100%, then that product really shouldn't go to market because the market is then a beta test while the developer charges premiums for a less than 100% product. This is not just Soundspectrum, but any given manufacture of any given product out there. Too many times products are released underdeveloped.

Keep this in mind, however, Soundspectrum puts out some pretty cool products, and overall, I like Aeon. I'm just a picky so and so.[-X

Hi EhD63

Merry Christmas Morn!

I think when it comes to visualizers its tough to say "develop" because if SS had simply developed G-force and were done with it you'd have something like mildrop which hasnt changed in years and cannot hold a candle to G-Force or Aeon.

G-force is constantly evolving and Aeon will most likely be the same and as long as a programs keeps getting better I am willing to pay for it.

one thing I like about SS is that they let us take part in the beta testing of new versions which makes us part of the process.

I think thats worth it too :wink:

EdH63

Post by EdH63 »

juxtiphi wrote:
EdH63 wrote:Merry Christmas to all.

Hi EhD63

Merry Christmas Morn!

I think when it comes to visualizers its tough to say "develop" because if SS had simply developed G-force and were done with it you'd have something like mildrop which hasnt changed in years and cannot hold a candle to G-Force or Aeon.

G-force is constantly evolving and Aeon will most likely be the same and as long as a programs keeps getting better I am willing to pay for it.

one thing I like about SS is that they let us take part in the beta testing of new versions which makes us part of the process.

I think thats worth it too :wink:
You're right. I don't disagree. SS is one of the better ones when developing through to a great product. I'm just hoping that they can come up with a fix for the transition problem. When you have a system that can handle the load of the program, and it still seems as if your system is lacking due to this specific glitch, then it can be a little disconcerting. Makes you feel like your rig isn't doing what its supposed to do. But I do agree with you, SS does some great work with their products. That's why I keep buying them.
=D>

Sorry about the fatherless child word (used in an inappropriate manner). :-#

dillinjabreakz

Aeon Crashes about every 10 minutes

Post by dillinjabreakz »

So I have Win 7 - 64bit.
I use the plugin in Media Center as a visualization to music.

About every 10 Minutes I get the same error and Media Center crashes and has to restart.

The error reads:
----------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call

Win 7 - 64-bit
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3)
processors/Intel® Core™ i5
12 Gb Corsair Memeory
Onboard HDMI Graphics Out

Wondering if anyone else has been getting this issue :/

Mikel S Rosenthal

EDIT:- Removed link and your email address.

I believe this to be a Windows problem (ehshell.exe) and not a fault of SoundSpectrum. Suggest you do a search on the Internet.

Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Re: Aeon Crashes about every 10 minutes

Post by juxtiphi »

dillinjabreakz wrote:So I have Win 7 - 64bit.
I use the plugin in Media Center as a visualization to music.

About every 10 Minutes I get the same error and Media Center crashes and has to restart.

The error reads:
Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
R6025

Win 7 - 64-bit
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3)
processors/Intel® Core™ i5
12 Gb Corsair Memeory
Onboard HDMI Graphics Out

Wondering if anyone else has been getting this issue :/

Mikel S Rosenthal
Hi Mike

I'm gonna let BTT handle this one,

I thinking he wont like the liink you posted.

But if he doesnt mind then its all good :wink:

NJKA001

Post by NJKA001 »

Yep I'm also getting this error. :(

Similar setup Win7 x64 Media Center. Intel I3 2100T with 8GB ram.

Neal

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello NJKA001

As mentioned earlier I believe this to be a Windows problem (ehshell.exe) and not a fault of SoundSpectrum. Type into a search engine ehshell.exe and you will find loads of information, including how to correct the fault.

Regards BTT

zenf

Post by zenf »

Hi all,

I've just bought Aeon Platinum and I'm getting the same error when running it in the Windows 7 Media Center:

"Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
R6025
----------------------------------------------------------"

My Media Center is stable the rest of the time, but I'll try the fixes for the other ehshell.exe errors and let you know if I have any luck. It looks amazing!

zenf

Post by zenf »

Here's Microsoft's description of the error:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749

It says it's a programming error?

Edit: Upon further reading it looks like my Media Center install might be corrupt... Ugh.

zenf

Post by zenf »

Well I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=31283

After running Command Prompt as an Administrator and typing it "sfc /scannow" it detected and fixed a problem with my ehres.dll.

Unfortunately though I'm still getting the error when using Aeon.. Still haven't seen it in any other area of Media Center. :? :(

NJKA001

Post by NJKA001 »

I Origionaly searched for errors relating to ehshell.exe & "pure virtual function call" exceptions *before* posting!

Nothing relevent is returned from google, (going though back 6 pages).
Just to make sure, I serched again on ehshell.exe "R6025" still nothing relevent returned.

As stated by others. This *only* happens when Aeon is running, no other MCE addons visualizers games, media players etc produce this exception.

@BTT
If you can find the solution then please post it, so we can all benefit.
Thanks