whitecap 5.2.1 standalone don't work with ati hdmi output

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Activation

whitecap 5.2.1 standalone don't work with ati hdmi output

Post by Activation »

whitecap standalone (platinum version)
don't work with my ati HD4830 hdmi output (connect hdmi on denon for audio)
motherboard sound chipset deactivate (useless with hdmi output)
drivers hdmi audio output ok (last version on realtek.com.tw)
windows vista 64 ultimate
soft: media player classic home cinema
it never worked since the day I bought Whitecap platinum

that's when an Update Whitecap which solves the problem. (other problems already mentioned ... but it persists and no new version since release)
pay a platinum version to just be able to use it in winamp ... far from satisfactory.
especially we have disabled the beautiful backgrounds of Whitecap ... it still launches at a time

1year update included in the price ... when there is no update :evil:

juxtiphi

Re: whitecap 5.2.1 standalone don't work with ati hdmi outpu

Post by juxtiphi »

Activation wrote:whitecap standalone (platinum version)
don't work with my ati HD4830 hdmi output (connect hdmi on denon for audio)
motherboard sound chipset deactivate (useless with hdmi output)
drivers hdmi audio output ok (last version on realtek.com.tw)
windows vista 64 ultimate
soft: media player classic home cinema
it never worked since the day I bought Whitecap platinum

that's when an Update Whitecap which solves the problem. (other problems already mentioned ... but it persists and no new version since release)
pay a platinum version to just be able to use it in winamp ... far from satisfactory.
especially we have disabled the beautiful backgrounds of Whitecap ... it still launches at a time

1year update included in the price ... when there is no update :evil:
there have been 7 updates for whitecap since april of this year, as for your other problems,

Here is what the whitecap faq says

What are the system requirements?
WhiteCap requires Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.4 (or later) and requires a G5 or P4 processor (or later). WhiteCap requires hardware graphics acceleration, so you should install and try the free trial version of WhiteCap in order to ensure that it runs satisfactorily on your system. Please note that WhiteCap does not currently support the 64 bit versions of Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center. Also note that the WhiteCap screen saver is not currently compatible with the 64-bit version of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). (See below for more information.)

uhmwhat

Post by uhmwhat »

Ok, first of all this is the third to the top (one) search on google for this issue. I remember NOT having this issue with my Dell XP. Although I recently upgraded to a Dell Alienware M14x and now there's no option for audio output settings (i'm playing music through windows media player using alienware visuals for keyboard, and I want to use soundspectrum as the visual output; which I could accomplish on my Dell Experion XP)~ ........ On XP you can choose this option but not Windows 7? Offer more options or links to solve this problem please....

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

uhmwhat wrote:Ok, first of all this is the third to the top (one) search on google for this issue. I remember NOT having this issue with my Dell XP. Although I recently upgraded to a Dell Alienware M14x and now there's no option for audio output settings (i'm playing music through windows media player using alienware visuals for keyboard, and I want to use soundspectrum as the visual output; which I could accomplish on my Dell Experion XP)~ ........ On XP you can choose this option but not Windows 7? Offer more options or links to solve this problem please....
You're saying that Whitecap isnt seeing your audio card is that right?

An online search for your computer (Dell Alienware M14x) shows that there are others having a problem with the audio card not being found on there devises. I am not saying that its the exact same issue that you are experiencing but its possible that the problems are similar, also check the devise manager to see if you have any conflicts with other audio drivers. You could also look at all the options for your audio and see if there is something there that will help.here is the link for the search results. Check them out and maybe you will find some info to help solve your issues.

Click Here