G-Force Standalone and Audio Cable

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

hidannyb

G-Force Standalone and Audio Cable

Post by hidannyb »

I installed Platinum 582 including the Standalone program onto my Windows7Pro system. Once I changed the output on Stereo Out to my HDMI-connected TV then standalone worked fine. Later that day my system choked for unknown reasons and restarted itself.

Since that time I can ONLY get system-wide audio output if the TV is set as the DEFAULT Device. When Stereo IN is set to SS Audio Cable AND as the Default Device I can see the sound-levels moving and can see the impact on the Standalone program BUT I get no audio output on the TV, no matter how I configure settings for Stereo Out.

I tried uninstalling the SS Audio Cable driver and then re-installing Platinum and the Audio Cable, with same result: (1) with Audio Cable as DEFAULT sound input and output successfully going through Audio Cable to Standalone program with NO sound on system audio output (TV), OR (2) with system audio output (TV) as DEFAULT normal functioning of system audio but NO input coming to Standalone program.

It worked initially, but no longer. What suggestions do you have to help me fix this?

THANKS!
Danny B

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello hidannyb

Having no experience of the SS Audio Cable the only thing I can suggest is you contact Brandon at SoundSpectrum.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

hidannyb

Post by hidannyb »

THANK-YOU for such a timely reply! I'll contact Brandon.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello hidannyb

Should you not get a reply from Brandon in the next 4/5 days make another post here.
Regards BTT

hidannyb

Post by hidannyb »

Got a great, informative and helpful reply from Brandon today! After installing the SS Audio Cable and related setups indicated on the website, all I needed to do on my VLC Player was turn the VLC output to 100-percent and then manage volume-playback-level through the connected audio device (TV). Soon as I set it to 100-percent I could see on system-settings that audio cable was NOW getting input.
Last edited by hidannyb on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

hidannyb

Addendum to last post

Post by hidannyb »

(I tried replying to the automated email from Brandon but it bounced back, so I thought I'd put my complete response to Brandon here)

THANK-YOU for your suggestions, Brandon!

I have an add-on Nvidia graphics card which thinks it OWNS
the system-audio output (TV). I previously controlled the volume
level from VLC by setting it to 70-percent but SS Audio Cable still
wasn't registering any input on the volume meter.

When I changed VLC output to 100-percent and then controlled
volume PLAYBACK level with the TV's audio control, THEN SS audio cable
could hear it!

I had tried using Stereo Mix but a different program, Realtek WaveMaxx,
said IT was the owner of Stereo Mix and Microphone, and wouldn't give
me the option to use Nvidia.

Anyway... good NOW!! And then I rebooted! Oy Vey!! Back to where I started!
Last edited by hidannyb on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hidannyb

Addendum to last post

Post by hidannyb »

Can't figure out why it STOPS working again after rebooting system!! I shutdown computer between work sessions, so next day I've got input coming on SS audio Cable but no sound going to speakers/TV. One of Brandon's suggestions was that Windows7 may not even need SS audio cable, so I'll try uninstalling it and see if any better!

juxtiphi

Re: Addendum to last post

Post by juxtiphi »

hidannyb wrote:Can't figure out why it STOPS working again after rebooting system!! I shutdown computer between work sessions, so next day I've got input coming on SS audio Cable but no sound going to speakers/TV. One of Brandon's suggestions was that Windows7 may not even need SS audio cable, so I'll try uninstalling it and see if any better!

Right click the G-force window in windowed mode and tell us what options you see under Audio Input Source? Even if ss cable is installed g-force should still show report all available audio connections.

hidannyb

Post by hidannyb »

If I completely uninstall G-force and the SS audio cable, reboot, and reinstall them then everything works as intended. But after next boot/restart it reverts back to an either/or situation as described above ( (1)audio cable detects input but no sound output, (2)no audio cable input detected but sound is output on system speakers). Also tried just uninstalling SS audio cable driver and reinstalling... no difference.

When I right-click in Standalone for audio input source I see Sound Generator (Fluid), Sound Generator (High Energy), Sound Generator (Chill), and Stereo Out (SS audio cable). In the past if I enabled the Stereo Mix device on Sound's Recording tab I would also have another Standalone audio source Realtek Audio, but it's no longer appearing!

Thanks a million for all your help!
Danny B

(trying to attach screenshot here... not sure if this is the way to do it)
[img]C:\8920\Desktop\SCREEN1.jpg[/img]

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Look in device manager and see if there are any exclamation points next to your audio drivers, It could be a conflict between audio drivers. Check your realteck for any problems. It should be showing in the list of options in audio input.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello hidannyb

Have you considered using a different media player other than VLC? Many forum members use Winamp which is also free.

http://www.winamp.com/
Regards BTT

hidannyb

Post by hidannyb »

is there a way to attach a JPG to my reply so you can see all the settings at one time here?

there are no devices listed under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" with exclamation points. It currently says (1)High Definition Audio Device, (2) NVIDIA High Definition Audio, (3)NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible)(WDM), (4)Realtek Audio, (5)SoundSpectrum Audio Cable. Checked properties for each an all say "This device is working properly".

regarding the Winamp suggestion: I have Windows Media Player on this sytem in addition to VLC. With WMP playing music and the TV (NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver) as DEFAULT on the Sound PLAYBACK tab I get sound through the TV but no audio input detected by Audio Cable. Same screen (Sound Playback) if I right-click, SET AS DEFAULT on STEREO-IN (SS Audio Cable driver) I get audio input to Standalone but no audio output to TV (NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver) which is now listed as "Default Communication Device". Doesn't matter whether I'm using WMP or VLC as the audio player

I also tried playing a Youtube video with same results: with Audio Cable as DEFAULT sound device then Standalone picks it up but nothing gets passed to the speakers through the STEREO-OUT portion of Audio Cable (even though "Listen to this device" is checkmarked and "Playback through this device" is selected for "LG TV-4(NVIDIA High Definition Audio)".

so strange that upon initial installation it all works as intended, but after a reboot I get this either/or situation instead!

I appreciate all these great suggestions!

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Look in the windows mixer, It should show all the available options, It will tell you which ones are enabled and disabled. It's possible that the correct output is disabled.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

hidannyb wrote:is there a way to attach a JPG to my reply so you can see all the settings at one time here?

Sorry but no.

So strange that upon initial installation it all works as intended, but after a reboot I get this either/or situation instead!

Seems to me that something is changing your settings back to default
I will ask Brandon to check this issue again for you, probably next week now as it's the weekend.
Regards BTT

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

You may want to try the following:

1. Remove all third party programs that you're not using
2. Try creating a new user profile on your computer and see if the settings will save on the new profile. (that way you know if it's an issue with your current profile)
3. Make sure all drivers are updated for your OS version
4. Conduct further maintenance on your computer (eg. manage startup folder, check for updates, search the internet frantically until you give up and decide to reinstall your OS)
hidannyb wrote:Can't figure out why it STOPS working again after rebooting system!! I shutdown computer between work sessions, so next day I've got input coming on SS audio Cable but no sound going to speakers/TV. One of Brandon's suggestions was that Windows7 may not even need SS audio cable, so I'll try uninstalling it and see if any better!
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org