I TUNES

Post by ejliolos@verizon.net »

Gforce not working with Ituns

juxtiphi

Re: I TUNES

Post by juxtiphi »

ejliolos@verizon.net wrote:Gforce not working with Ituns
Hi ejliolos

Can you post more info? What is your version of G-force and itunes? what OS do you use?

ejliolos@verizon.net

Post by ejliolos@verizon.net »

juxtiphi wrote:
Hi ejliolos

Can you post more info? What is your version of G-force and itunes? what OS do you use?
os window 10 64 iTunes 12.9.4 Want to iTunes Visualizer and gforce was not there

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

ejliolos@verizon.net wrote:
juxtiphi wrote:
Hi ejliolos

os window 10 64 iTunes 12.9.4 Want to iTunes Visualizer and gforce was not there
Thanks for replying.

If you've been a G-force user for a while then you probably know that itunes and G-force always end broken when itunes updates their products. This is probably the reason for the issues you are experiencing.

The best thing is to open a support ticket here,
https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

FYI - I heard a few daze [SIC] ago that ITunes is going away and being replaced with Apple Music. Since I tend to keep my distance with Apple, I am not sure how it is going to affect 'disciples'... but maybe you guys already know this.
j

(I just saw another reference by 'iflip92' over on the WhiteCaps forum... somebody isn't sleepin' !)

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

iTunes is only changing for those who use iOS and other apple mac hardware, iTunes will be staying around for some time yet for those on Windows PC's.

https://www.neowin.net/news/apple-confi ... on-windows

Regarding the installation of iTunes, there are two iterations:
Desktop (downloaded exe program) which was the only way until last year....and
the Windows Store version of iTunes (all updates thereafter come through via Windows Store as well)

Obviously if you have your visualizers installed prior to iTunes being installed,
you may have to re-run the SS visualizer installer so it can detect iTunes (should detect either the Desktop or Windows Store iTunes software)
If you get any alerts or warning popups just continue along, it should work...

To toggle full screen in iTunes when running any SS visualizers use CTRL+F to enter or exit full screen.

One more thing, activate an in program SS visualizer User Interface (UI) setting to ensure the computer doesn't go to sleep whilst playing iTunes,
I know this helps with the Windows Store version in any case...
How? When running any SS program in iTunes, within the visualizer: Go to Settings and Check/Tick/Enable the "Prevent Display Sleep" option.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers, Alf