Windows 10 Audio Problem error 55013

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

joyless

Windows 10 Audio Problem error 55013

Post by joyless »

Hi there, i switched from macOs (where i used Loopback to use the standalone with Spotify) to Windows 10.
I followed the faqs to set up the Audio cable the came with the Premium package of gforce, but when i open the standalone it gives the following message:
can't load audio source, error 55013.
I searched the forum for similar errors but the topics are old and it wont let me see them
Any idea?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello joyless

Sorry to hear you are having a problem, the best way to resolve the issue is to contact Brandon (SoundSpectrum) by clicking on the following link:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Re: Windows 10 Audio Problem error 55013

Post by juxtiphi »

joyless wrote:Hi there, i switched from macOs (where i used Loopback to use the standalone with Spotify) to Windows 10.
I followed the faqs to set up the Audio cable the came with the Premium package of gforce, but when i open the standalone it gives the following message:
can't load audio source, error 55013.
I searched the forum for similar errors but the topics are old and it wont let me see them
Any idea?
Open your control panel and look for the device manager. Open it and then look in the audio section and see if the SS audio cable is installed then check to see if there are any conflicts with other audio devices or drivers.

With windows 10 you should be able to select your audio device in G-force by right clicking the G-force screen in windowed mode and look under the audio devices list to see what's available.

joyless

Post by joyless »

https://ibb.co/2qNP5sV

i screenshooted the preferences and the device manager, there are no problems with the installed audio cable, which seems to not be the issue, it shows properly on the gforce source selector but it showes the error message on startup.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

joyless wrote:https://ibb.co/2qNP5sV

i screenshooted the preferences and the device manager, there are no problems with the installed audio cable, which seems to not be the issue, it shows properly on the gforce source selector but it showes the error message on startup.
Thanks

I would say that there is something amiss with your voicemeeter app.

I looked online and found a page dedicated to helping users do it right. I hope it helps.

//www.windowscentral.com/how-use-voicemeeter-banana

joyless

Post by joyless »

thanx for the link, i installed voicemeeter banana and followed the steps to configure it. Unfortunatly gforce wont work, showing the same message for every audio source that i select, unistallation and reinstallation doesn' t fix the problem. Even unistalling every audio driver won't fix it, so there has to be something that bothers geforce, would be useful to know what that code error means to try different approaches.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

AS I SUGGESTED EARLIER:-

Hello joyless

Sorry to hear you are having a problem, the best way to resolve the issue is to contact Brandon (SoundSpectrum) by clicking on the following link:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

joyless

Post by joyless »

got the response from my ticket, turns out my mic was turned off under preferences>privacy>microphone, turning it on solved the issue.
Thanx everyone for the help.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

joyless wrote:got the response from my ticket, turns out my mic was turned off under preferences>privacy>microphone, turning it on solved the issue.
Thanx everyone for the help.

Great! My next post was to tell you to check your mixer for muted inputs. Probably should have started there first.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

This seems to be an issue with select Windows machines. Try going to settings, than Privacy. In the privacy menu there is a heading on the left listed as Microphone (its under the Camera Heading), On the Microphone page you can turn on or off the Microphone. If it is off, please turn it back on. Then below that is a button to Allow Apps to access the microphone. When it’s turned on you get a list of apps that you can selectively turn on or off to access the microphone. Interestingly enough Soundspectrum, Aeon and G-Force are NOT on the list. But that's Windows 10 and its little quirks! Hope this helps. 
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org