Mojave Update, iTunes, and other Recent Issues

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

DP, there is no issue. He just forgot one of the install steps.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

A little off topic but not really...
Just wondering if there are any new updates for Aeon, G-Force and Whitecap in the works?
Fingers crossed ;)

Thanks from Alf in Australia

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Image Very quiet here.... when in need there's always a Tumbleweed. :shock:

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

ozbeats wrote:Image Very quiet here.... when in need there's always a Tumbleweed. :shock:

:lol:

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

Drew is maintaining the SoundSpectrum codebase to the best of his abilities, and I know he is committed to keeping visualizations viable for as long as possible. But the future of SoundSpectrum will be short lived without the complete restructuring of the business/codebase into a multi-platform environment such as Unity3D. This is no small endeavor, and there are currently only two of us.

Hopefully we will be able to get out a SS update, sooner rather than later, that satisfies long-standing SS supporters and customers. But you also have to understand that there are huge considerations when it comes to how to choose to spend the precious time that we have. I hope that you will understand me when I say that we are absolutely choosing to put our time in to the things that converge on a win for everyone.

We expect there to be new software released, but we have very few resources currently; which makes the process much more difficult for the time being. If something changes, I will certainly let you know. We’re currently looking for sponsors and collaborators. If you would like more information, or are interested in assisting our efforts, let us know!
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Thankyou for your detailed response. Late last year I had a feeling SS may be in a difficult position and can only re-iterate like many others we wish you well
and hope for a brighter, easier and healthy future for SS and it's core staff.

Some ideas I've thought over for a few days:

1. Run a promotion period of say 4 weeks or 2 weeks at a time where paid license upgrades are discounted by a small but enticing amount of 5% (maybe even 10% if there is much headroom.)

2. Onsite promotional periods with the same discount code (% off) which can easily be shared via social media to attract new license purchases.
If there are multiple discount codes then enact a rule only one voucher/discount code can be used per purchase..

3. Community Radio and Community newspapers, plus Business to Business liaisons over mutually beneficial agreements and Commercial / Venue licenses,
Nightclub venues and Hospitality magazines, bulletins and ezine's, concert tour production teams, etc.

4. Crowdfunding: if SS want to migrate to a new Graphics engine (maybe including some paid advice / help for the coding changes transition)

https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/crowdfunding-sites

Maybe this will help.... or Maybe my suggestions are nothing new anyway

Cheers, Alf in Australia ;)