Problems installing the NEW version

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

Problems installing the NEW version

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems installing the latest version of G-Force. First my anti virus doesn't like the file, second with the anti virus turned off I get a message saying I do not have permission to run the download (I am administartor of the computer).
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Re: Problems installing the NEW version

Post by juxtiphi »

BTT wrote:Hello All

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems installing the latest version of G-Force. First my anti virus doesn't like the file, second with the anti virus turned off I get a message saying I do not have permission to run the download (I am administartor of the computer).
Hi BTT

It installed fine for me but the toolbar still won't light up and I definitely allowed it through the firewall. I can click the red button and it turns green but no configs show up in the lists. Very Frustrating.

DanPin

Re: Problems installing the NEW version

Post by DanPin »

BTT wrote:First my anti virus doesn't like the file, second with the anti virus turned off I get a message saying I do not have permission to run the download (I am administrator of the computer).
It's probably reporting the installer as infected (more likely it's a Trojan). However, this is a false positive.

To clarify, your antivirus software mistakenly identified the installer as malware. Also, if you just turned off your antivirus software but still can't run the installer, you will have to run the program as an administrator (just right click on the file, then select "Run as administrator"). That should work for you.

Also refer here:
http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/Do ... l#security

You may consider reporting this detection as a false positive to your antivirus vendor.

Just a short warning for you: If the file was recently hacked, do NOT run the installer!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Well it was not my anti virus causing the problem neither was it related to running as admin. After downloading the installer FIVE times everything went fine???.

juxtiphi - The Toolbar is working perfect for me so I don't know why it's not working for you. I know you don't have Bonjour. What happens when you click run to install the Toolbar?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

BTT wrote:Hello All

Well it was not my anti virus causing the problem neither was it related to running as admin. After downloading the installer FIVE times everything went fine???.

juxtiphi - The Toolbar is working perfect for me so I don't know why it's not working for you. I know you don't have Bonjour. What happens when you click run to install the Toolbar?
Update

The 32bit toolbar lights right up but the 64bit toolbar stays dark.

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

juxtiphi wrote:The 32bit toolbar lights right up but the 64bit toolbar stays dark.
It has to do something with the architecture the plug-in is using. More likely the software is running in 32-bit; that only applies to Windows Media Player, whereas it is forced to run G-Force in 32-bit mode. If that's the case, the 64-bit version of the Toolbar will not detect G-Force when it is running in 32-bit due to differences in the architecture.

Nearly all SoundSpectrum products must be installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory, even if the software supports 64-bit. There are two variants of the Toolbar: one is the 32-bit executable, and the other is the 64-bit version with the .x64 suffix. For instance, running the Toolbar in 32-bit mode to control G-Force in 64-bit mode will not work because the program's architecture does not match.

This should be explanationable to you guys.

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

On the Windows platform, the toolbar program HAS NEVER WORKED (for me anyway) on anything other than the 32 bit versions of G-FORCE (and 32 bit Plugins, i.e. Winamp).
To the best of MY KNOWLEDGE, there is only ONE toolbar program, "G-Force Toolbar.exe", and it is 32 bit.
There exists a 32 and 64 bit version of G-FORCE, "G-Force Standalone.exe" and "G-Force Standalone.x64.exe".
If you don't force the display of extentions in Windows, I am guessing (not really) that Windows is 'tricking' you on which version the startup shortcuts are pointing to.

:evil: