Can't click on any buttons inside the Aeon window in iTunes!

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

DanPin

Can't click on any buttons inside the Aeon window in iTunes!

Post by DanPin »

This is a total bug. Beginning with iTunes 12.7.x, all visualizers will open in a separate window, rather than inside the iTunes window itself. However, when I was using 12.7.4, I suddenly discovered the fact that I cannot click on any on-screen buttons to select scenes/colormaps, change settings, etc.

This issue might also affect all other SoundSpectrum products. Apple is probably doing this so that they can keep iTunes more secure than I expected.

Here's one other thing: if you resize the visualizer window, then it becomes blurry than I thought. This often indicates that you are no longer able to control Aeon's visuals.

So, here are two options to work around this problem:
  • - Port the toolbar from G-Force, and remove the on-screen menu from the iTunes version only This will make it possible to control its visuals, change its settings, and select themes to choose from.
    - Remove iTunes support completely, and have SoundSpectrum/Apple perform additional diagnostics to help determine the problem. iTunes support will be restored once the situation has been resolved.
Does anyone else have the same problem? Well I do...

iflip92

Post by iflip92 »

Same problem with WhiteCap. iTunes 12.7.4, I can't access the menu on-screen at all and when I maximize the Visualizer it looks pixelated like the resolution is stretched.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

iflip92 wrote:Same problem with WhiteCap. iTunes 12.7.4, I can't access the menu on-screen at all and when I maximize the Visualizer it looks pixelated like the resolution is stretched.
are you using the very latest version of itunes? if so you will have to wait until Andy redoes the progs to work with itunes again.

Every time Apple releases a new update Soundspectrum progs no longer function although you'd think that by now they would keep SS in mind when they update their crap.

Hang in there I'm sure a new version of Whitecap Aeon and G-force will be up soon.

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Wait a sec... check this post out! Although it's only for Mac users, it may also affect Windows users as well:

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... php?t=8267

It must be something related to the plug-ins.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

My thinking is that Apple is making life as difficult as possible for SoundSpectrum products. They as a company (Apple) have forgotten just how much AOM helped them out in the past.
ozbeats wrote:To all those affected by iTunes not allowing any 3rd party plugins (e.g SS visualizers):

Apple has now released iTunes version 12.7.1.14 for Windows which is now available.

This resolves (and restores) all plugins if they have not been removed manually or by a clean install.

The only remaining issue is a full-screen / minimize shortcut [ ] glitch,
in the meantime using the ESC button or CTRL+F may help you around this until SS can asses the damage and implement a FIX for this abnormal full-screen behaviour.

Hope this helps, ;)

Alf
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

More information can be found here:-

http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... php?t=8347
Regards BTT

iflip92

Post by iflip92 »

juxtiphi wrote:
iflip92 wrote:Same problem with WhiteCap. iTunes 12.7.4, I can't access the menu on-screen at all and when I maximize the Visualizer it looks pixelated like the resolution is stretched.
are you using the very latest version of itunes? if so you will have to wait until Andy redoes the progs to work with itunes again.

Every time Apple releases a new update Soundspectrum progs no longer function although you'd think that by now they would keep SS in mind when they update their crap.

Hang in there I'm sure a new version of Whitecap Aeon and G-force will be up soon.
Oh I'm hanging in there alright! There's nothing else quite like WhiteCap out there so I have no choice. It's really unfortunate that I can't use the Standalone app because I have a DAC and it is not seen as an audio source and if I use the Virtual Audio loop trick then the audio quality suffers...

Maybe have a look at why my USB DAC is not seen as an audio source? That would be the easiest fix and I wouldn't ever need the iTunes plugin again. I would just use the standalone app.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello iflip92

Your best bet is to contact Brandon (SoundSpectrum) by clicking on the link below.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Well, it looks like everyone else is experiencing the same issue. I even noticed this when I reinstalled G-Force after upgrading to the Windows 10 April Update.

Also, the Toolbar doesn’t even detect G-Force running within the Visualizer Host (which means it is open in a separate window rather than just the iTunes window itself). I feel like this is becoming a major issue here.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

This problem cannot be resolved by anyone on the forum, you should all contact SoundSpectrum by clicking on the link below:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

It would also help if you brought this to the attention of Apple as they are the culprits for the constant updates to their products which results in SoundSpectrum having to change code in their products.

APPLE VERY BAD APPLE
Regards BTT

iflip92

Post by iflip92 »

BTT wrote: APPLE VERY BAD APPLE
Was it ever a good Apple? :?:

ZANZCAT

CAN'T CLICK ON VISUALIZER AEON/ITUNES 12.6 / 12.7

Post by ZANZCAT »

Just curious if anyone has had any luck perhaps reverting back to an older version of iTUNES which works with the Aeon visualizer?

Trying to figure out exactly the latest version of Itunes that worked with it.

Thank you, zanz

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

G'day all.... :)

This is how I found a workable but tricky / risky way to get all SS products to work...
Please read all information before beginning so you are well informed.
Beware that if you do follow my instructions there may be compromises and some risk..... BEWARE

Firstly, if you have Windows 10 ONLY and the traditional iTunes (desktop application) installed and are either having trouble maximizing it,
going full-screen without stretching the aspect ratio of the UI and graphics, want seamless updates or have repeated login prompts every time you open iTunes (desktop)… this MAY work for you.

Make sure you have installed all licensed SS visualizers with the desktop application of iTunes.... just make sure they are showing as visualizer options in your iTunes program.....

Next, this involves downloading and installing the NEW iTunes modern app from the Microsoft Store of your Windows 10 PC...

BUT, Before you go ahead, installing the Microsoft Store version of iTunes will remove the desktop application (except the 'plugins' folder - which you will need to keep and DO NOT manually delete it),
Changing from desktop to W10 Store version migrates all settings and plugins (which are left intact in the iTunes program folder)
Exactly whether SS can either service the plugins folder of the former iTunes desktop application that remains in 'c:\program files' is unknown for now....

In a nutshell the unknown fact is whether the modern Windows 10 'Microsoft Store' iTunes app can be serviced or integrated into and detected by SS's own installers

My Win10 Microsoft Store version of iTunes is located at:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppleInc.iTunes_12075.9.34012.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa

Finally, if you do go ahead with this like me, I still Don't have any UI icons and settings ability functionality with a Mouse, so I utilize my Keyboard arrow keys to navigate the SS visualizer UI theme, settings etc.

The iTunes visualizer Window loads in a rectangular or square shape, simply make sure it is in focus, tap your mouse key, and then go full screen by using CRTL+F, which can be used to exit full screen too....

Voila... SS visualizers in Full HD, correct ratios, navigate SS Visualizer UI's using keyboard

Hope this helps both SS management, the forum and members, etc

Thankyou, from Alf ;)

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello ozbeats

WOW - thank you for this great post, let's hope it solves a lot of peeps problems.

SoundSpectrum will in the next few weeks be releasing new versions of their programs and hopefully resolve a lot of recent issues.
Regards BTT

andy55
Site Admin

Post by andy55 »

Update on the iTunes issues...

The new versions of G-Force and Aeon (live today) workaround issues in iTunes for Windows and macOS. The Windows issues are particularly rough, and until the open issues I've filed with Apple (and CCed the iTunes lead) are addressed, some vis behavior on Windows is flaky (e.g. fullscreen toggle button doesn't work). Their release tempo sometimes is lengthy since they're tied to the OS release schedule, so we'll have to be patient.

We'll post new versions of everything else in a week if the coast is clear w/ the new Aeon and G-Force releases.