Running Aeon and G-Force with Intel GPU (Intel Iris Pro 580)

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

sharok

Running Aeon and G-Force with Intel GPU (Intel Iris Pro 580)

Post by sharok »

Has anybody tried running G-Force or Aeon with an Intel integrated GPU?

Did it work?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

I am guessing by asking the question you are having problems. Reading up on your graphics setup I see no reason why there should be a problem. Myself I always use a dedicated graphics card. I will if you want contact SoundSpectrum on your behalf or you can contact Brandon using the link below:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Good to see you posting, and hope you are keeping well.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

sharok

Post by sharok »

BTT wrote:Hello sharok

I am guessing by asking the question you are having problems. Reading up on your graphics setup I see no reason why there should be a problem. Myself I always use a dedicated graphics card. I will if you want contact SoundSpectrum on your behalf or you can contact Brandon using the link below:

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Good to see you posting, and hope you are keeping well.
Hi BTT,
How are you doing? I hope everything is going well for you.

The reason for asking is that I am planning to purchase a Mac Mini (the new models will be announced in June) and it will have the latest Integrated GPU, since it is not possible to use a separate video card with Mac Mini.
I'd like to run an audio software which only works on an Apple computer. Mac Mini seems to be the most economical choice (it has an HDMI that I connected to TV), but I don't know if I can run Aeon and G-Force using the embedded GPU.

The present Mac Mini model uses "Intel Iris Graphics". If Aeon and G-Force can work with that GPU, then I assume they can also work with the newer models.

It'd be very kind of you to ask them if that is possible.

Many thanks again.

sharok

I checked it with intel HD 4000 and no issues

Post by sharok »

Hi BTT,

I just checked both G-Force and Aeon with my laptop integrated graphic card (Intel HD 4000) and they worked with no issues on Windows 7 (I disabled my NVIDIA 660m card in “device managerâ€￾).

I don’t have a Mac Mini to test them with.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

Have asked SoundSpectrum to respond to your question.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

Hi Sharok,

I have one of the old Mac Mini's with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and G-Force and Aeon work great on it. For Aeon, I have to watch how many other programs I have open at once, but usually runs pretty smooth as long as I do that.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

sharok

Post by sharok »

b.dwall wrote:Hi Sharok,

I have one of the old Mac Mini's with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and G-Force and Aeon work great on it. For Aeon, I have to watch how many other programs I have open at once, but usually runs pretty smooth as long as I do that.
Thank you. :)