Aeon 4: First Impression.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoundSpectrum Forums Forum Index :: Aeon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JayPro



Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 718
Location: Huntington Station, Long Island, New York

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Aeon 4: First Impression. Reply with quote

You have truly outdone yorselves this time.

While the new ones are indeed impressive, I appreciate how you tweaked some of the others that IMO needed it.

Particularly stunning are a few of the "Hyper" modes of existing scenes.

The artistic versatility this visualizaion showcases (2D, 3D, abstract) is phenomenal.

And it has so far to go. That's astounding to think about.

Think
_________________
"Some people look at things as they are and ask why. I look at things that never have been and ask why not."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
andy55
Site Admin


Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aeon 4: First Impression. Reply with quote

JayPro wrote:
You have truly outdone yorselves this time.

While the new ones are indeed impressive, I appreciate how you tweaked some of the others that IMO needed it.

Particularly stunning are a few of the "Hyper" modes of existing scenes.

The artistic versatility this visualizaion showcases (2D, 3D, abstract) is phenomenal.

And it has so far to go. That's astounding to think about.

Think


aw, thanks!! that means a lot, especially coming from you jaypro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DanPin



Joined: 15 Mar 2016
Posts: 132
Location: Los Angeles County, California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new scenes are awesome; I would give one of them 5 stars!

However, there is something important for us. To avoid errors within the next release of Tunr, I suggest that these scenes be put in their own, separate visual packs:

- E8 - Particles of Life should go into "Zenergize".
- Metatron's Transit should go into "Warp Pack" or "Adrenaline".
- E8 - Network should go into "Vibration Pack".
- Metatron's Swarm should go into "Spirit".
- Astral Vision should go into "Spirit".
- E8 - Plasma Remix should go into "Ether".
- Mandala should go into "Zenergize".
- Phosphor should go into "Vibration Pack".

And that should do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andy55
Site Admin


Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanPin wrote:
The new scenes are awesome; I would give one of them 5 stars!

However, there is something important for us. To avoid errors within the next release of Tunr, I suggest that these scenes be put in their own, separate visual packs:

- E8 - Particles of Life should go into "Zenergize".
- Metatron's Transit should go into "Warp Pack" or "Adrenaline".
- E8 - Network should go into "Vibration Pack".
- Metatron's Swarm should go into "Spirit".
- Astral Vision should go into "Spirit".
- E8 - Plasma Remix should go into "Ether".
- Mandala should go into "Zenergize".
- Phosphor should go into "Vibration Pack".

And that should do it.


Thanks for the kind words!

I like your thinking o the organization, however it would be nice if we could make additional packs out of it. That way we can ask more for the Full Spectrum Bundle and people may be more likely to see the value of the subscription. Seems like there's no perfect answer here, hmmm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JayPro



Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 718
Location: Huntington Station, Long Island, New York

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: One aesthetic issue...!? (Metatron) Reply with quote

Well, it's actually more of a visual "flow" concern.

I find that in most cases, the Metatron's Transit scene slows down markedly, even when I reduce the graphics quality and tinker with the frame rate.

I'm gonna keep looking into whether there being an animated background is the cause.
_________________
"Some people look at things as they are and ask why. I look at things that never have been and ask why not."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
andy55
Site Admin


Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: One aesthetic issue...!? (Metatron) Reply with quote

JayPro wrote:
Well, it's actually more of a visual "flow" concern.

I find that in most cases, the Metatron's Transit scene slows down markedly, even when I reduce the graphics quality and tinker with the frame rate.

I'm gonna keep looking into whether there being an animated background is the cause.



How does performance go in 4.0.1? I made some tweaks that hopefully balance things out better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JayPro



Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 718
Location: Huntington Station, Long Island, New York

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: The Spheres Slow It Down. Reply with quote

I've just noticed that only with the spheres as the 3-D object, the frame rate is still painfully slow.
Pyamids, polygons et al. aren't affected at all.

Maybe it's rendering power detracting from GPU performance?

So my original suspicion of an animated background can be circular-filed.
_________________
"Some people look at things as they are and ask why. I look at things that never have been and ask why not."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DanPin



Joined: 15 Mar 2016
Posts: 132
Location: Los Angeles County, California

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colormap "HeartRoot Duet" is so intense! I highly recommend it to be also included in the next release of G-Force (unless it receives an edit), as I can describe it as one of the very first RGB text-based colormaps to be ever written for Aeon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BTT
Administrator


Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 1948
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello DanPin

Quote:
The colormap "HeartRoot Duet" is so intense! I highly recommend it to be also included in the next release of G-Force


It's already in my version of G-Force, simply copy and paste the text file from Aeon to G-Force.
_________________
.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SoundSpectrum Forums Forum Index :: Aeon General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media