Stereo In (Soundspectrum Audio Cable)

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

marko

Stereo In (Soundspectrum Audio Cable)

Post by marko »

I couldn't find much discussion about this, so am starting a new thread.

I found the instructions for enabling the thing, but...

The only reason I came here looking for information was that, on my Windows ten system, after recently installing updates for both Aeon and G-Force, I lost system sounds, along with sounds from most applications.

My media player is JRiver Media CVenter, and that was fine.

Upon investigating the loss of system sounds etc, I found that my default audio device had been set to this new item "Stereo In (Soundspectrum Audio Cable)"

I did not do that. Did the installer do that?
Setting my default audio device back to Soundblaster X-Fi Speakers restored normal audio service.

Now...
Having done that, am I missing out on anything? :)

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello marko

Click on the link below for full instructions on how to set up the SoundSpecrum Audio Cable:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/about-soun ... cable.html

When installing G-Force you have the option to install or not install the SoundSpectrum Audio Cable.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

marko

Post by marko »

Thanks for the reply, and the link. I had already read that, but don't require it. Also, my experience was that this device was installed, and set as the default audio device, without my even realising. I only discovered it whilst trouble shooting why my PC audio had gone AWOL. It was not a good user experience :)

I read your post and was sure I did not have the option when installing, so went for a re-install to check.

Now, bear in mind that I have been using Soundspectrum installers for many years now, so, why would I scroll all the way down to the bottom of this list, when I can see the media players I require are selected already, and I've been clicking through that screen for years...

It doesn't feel correct to me that the installation of an audio device is away at the bottom of a list of media players to be integrated with. That's just well-intentioned customer feedback, not harsh criticism. I'm OK now I know it's there.

How to uninstall this audio device? Uninstall the whole product and reinstall without it?

-marko

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello marko

Your best option is to uninstall G-Force and/or Aeon, then restart your machine and carry out a search for all files and folders for SoundSpectrum related products as the uninstall process leaves a few behind. Delete all files and folders you find then download a fresh copy of the program(s) and make sure you uncheck the SoundSpectrum Audio Cable before installing the program.
Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Hello Marko

If you want yo uninstall the driver Go to your control panel and open the device manager and look under audio drivers. Click on the ss driver and uninstall it from there.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

I've mentioned the audio driver being offscreen and invisible to most who don't scroll down the components list.... weeks or months back in previous post regarding the audio driver before it was properly signed.

Still the point remains, the audio cable driver should be at the top of the list as it is not a program's plugin, but a driver...

Unless the user scrolls down to acknowledge it is part of the installed check options then it's very easy to miss for any returning (or new) customers...

------

Alternatively, make all of the pre-selected checkbox items shown sequentially at the top of the box,
and any unchecked or irrelevent program plugins below those pre-selected.

E.g Ordered view with preselections at top-most positions, unchecked below them

SS Audio Cable x
iTunes (32 or 64) x
Winamp x
Win Media Player x
J.River MC (Not selected or pre-selected)
Media Monkey (Not selected or pre-selected)

Either option may be better and much more transparent to most, or all!

I just hope this will help validate the need for a little tweak in the installer process of selecting components / media players to receive the plugins.

Thanks, Alf in Australia ;)

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

In addition to ozbeats post I would welcome the choice of where SS products are installed, useful if you have partitions or more than one hard drive.
Regards BTT