G-Force Standalone. I see the light!

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

I have informed Brandon that things are still not working for you. Expect another post from him.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

sharok

Post by sharok »

BTT wrote:Hello sharok

I have informed Brandon that things are still not working for you. Expect another post from him.
Hi BTT,
Finally, with Brandon's support and guidance, I was able to get the stand alone to detect the beat
The trick is to enable the "Stereo Mix" under "Recording"and microphone then open G-Force stand alone, bring up the "Set Up", and choose "Microphone" as the input source on the stand alone active screen.
In order to test it, you can just change the input. Source on the screen while playing a music with beat and you can easily see the effect when the beat is either detected or not.

Many thanks to you and to Brandon's support for following up this issue for at least a month.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

Very pleased it's now all sorted for you. I think Brandon is a great asset to SoundSpectrum.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

cwoolrich

G-Force standalone

Post by cwoolrich »

I could not get G-Force standalone to run clicking on the menu icon. I have since figured out that even though I have 64 bit G-force, it will not run 64 bit standalone. I found the 32 bit standalone exe in the G-Force folder and it works great. Some helpful info if your Windows standalone is not working.

juxtiphi

Re: G-Force standalone

Post by juxtiphi »

cwoolrich wrote:I could not get G-Force standalone to run clicking on the menu icon. I have since figured out that even though I have 64 bit G-force, it will not run 64 bit standalone. I found the 32 bit standalone exe in the G-Force folder and it works great. Some helpful info if your Windows standalone is not working.

You could try checking what the compatibility setting is set on.

click properties on the x64Standalone.exe or shortcut and then look under compatibility.

i'm running a much older version of G-Force 4.3.2 which (as far as I know) has no 64bit version, but 64bit Aeon And Whitecap work just fine. Under compatibility, they are listed by default as vista, but the box is not checked so I don't really know if the protocol is even on.

HAL Lives

Re: SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio

Post by HAL Lives »

SS_Bran wrote:If you do not see an option to enable "Stereo Mix", then the newly supplied Virtual Audio Cable, may be the best alternative.

Option 2, Configuring the VAC Driver supplied in any Platinum install:
1. Install the VAC driver that came with your Platinum installer
2. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices
3. In the "Playback" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio and click set as default
At this point G-Force Standalone (or other visualizer) will detect the Virtual Audio signal, but you still need to send the signal to the speakers.
4. Click the "Recording" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio > click Properties
- if the SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio driver is not available in the list, try right clicking the window to "Show Disabled Devices" and enable the device)
5. Click the "Listen" tab > Check "Listen to this device"
6. There may also be a drop down "Playback through this device" > Select the speakers you want to output the signal to > click apply/OK.
Hello All

I purchased Aeon Platinum yesterday. I use MusicBee and am trying to get the Standalone product working; I'm outputting my audio to an external DAC via a S/PDIF cable.

I'm confused by the instructions above, Step 1 says, "Install the VAC driver that came with your Platinum installer." Is this a separate file?

The only file that was downloaded was, Aeon_391_Platinum.exe; am I missing something?

Thanks
Paul

juxtiphi

Re: SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio

Post by juxtiphi »

HAL Lives wrote:
SS_Bran wrote:If you do not see an option to enable "Stereo Mix", then the newly supplied Virtual Audio Cable, may be the best alternative.

Option 2, Configuring the VAC Driver supplied in any Platinum install:
1. Install the VAC driver that came with your Platinum installer
2. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices
3. In the "Playback" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio and click set as default
At this point G-Force Standalone (or other visualizer) will detect the Virtual Audio signal, but you still need to send the signal to the speakers.
4. Click the "Recording" tab > Select SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio > click Properties
- if the SoundSpectrum Virtual Audio driver is not available in the list, try right clicking the window to "Show Disabled Devices" and enable the device)
5. Click the "Listen" tab > Check "Listen to this device"
6. There may also be a drop down "Playback through this device" > Select the speakers you want to output the signal to > click apply/OK.
Hello All

I purchased Aeon Platinum yesterday. I use MusicBee and am trying to get the Standalone product working; I'm outputting my audio to an external DAC via a S/PDIF cable.

I'm confused by the instructions above, Step 1 says, "Install the VAC driver that came with your Platinum installer." Is this a separate file?

The only file that was downloaded was, Aeon_391_Platinum.exe; am I missing something?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul

When you first open the Aeon installer you will see choices for players, in that list either at the top or bottom you should see an option to install Virtual Audio cable. check the box and it will automatically install it for you.

Once you do that you need to make sure your computer is set to use VAC as an audio output to do this open your computers audio mixer and make sure its enabled then, open Aeon, right click the screen and look under audio Input source. There you will see all the audio options Aeon can see in your computer. Among the list should be line 1 virtual audio cable select that.

you should be good to go.

Don't worry we'll get you going.

HAL Lives

Post by HAL Lives »

Hello juxtiphi

Thanks for the info, I uninstalled Aeon, then re-installed it with the VAC box checked, but it doesn't work at all.

I have the Soundspectrum VAC selected as my input in the visualizer, and have "Listen to this device" checked on the Listen tab, but the "meter" on the Recording tab is not showing any I/O... there's no "connection" if you will.

I also found the link to the Eugene Muzychenko VAC, followed the same basic instructions and it DOES work!

Do you have any ideas as to why this is?

Thanks again
Paul

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

HAL Lives wrote:Hello juxtiphi

Thanks for the info, I uninstalled Aeon, then re-installed it with the VAC box checked, but it doesn't work at all.

I have the Soundspectrum VAC selected as my input in the visualizer, and have "Listen to this device" checked on the Listen tab, but the "meter" on the Recording tab is not showing any I/O... there's no "connection" if you will.

I also found the link to the Eugene Muzychenko VAC, followed the same basic instructions and it DOES work!

Do you have any ideas as to why this is?

Thanks again
Paul
So you got it working? For some reason vac doesn't work on my computer.

HAL Lives

Post by HAL Lives »

I got the Eugene Muzychenko VAC working, NOT the Soundspectrum... that doesn't work at all. :(

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

HAL Lives wrote:I got the Eugene Muzychenko VAC working, NOT the Soundspectrum... that doesn't work at all. :(
Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm pretty sure that's the version I have because the versions I run are older than those that come with it in the installer.

Now that I have tried to get vac to work again it's not even showing in Aeons list of audio options.

:shock: :x

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

VAC

Post by b.dwall »

There are lots of issues with the current implementation of the VAC driver that we started including recently... and we have decided to pull the driver in the next release of G-Force, Aeon, WC, etc.

We are working with a kernel driver developer on a new solution to the long standing audio feed restrictions and red tape implemented in Windows.

Stay Tuned!
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

I have been using the PAID version (Eugene Muzychenko, 30$US, CHEAP!) for at least a decade (my version 4.10, which is somewhat out of date, but I have never experienced any issues, currently Win10Pro ).

There has been a warning to ALWAYS remove previous versions of VAC, PRIOR to re-installs... I wonder if that issue was ever resolved???
just a thought.

sharok

Post by sharok »

Since I got my VAC to work, it's been working perfectly with no issues.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

SoundSpectrum Audio Cable for Windows

Post by b.dwall »

Working with a very talented audio kernel engineer, and longtime SoundSpectrum user, we are now including a SoundSpectrum Audio Cable driver in each Platinum installer (thanks Anup!!). This audio loopback driver will enable the routing of your computer's audio signal to our Standalone applications on Windows, allowing you to visualize audio from any application (VLC, Media Players, Browsers, etc). Right now, the driver is available with G-Force & Winter Wonders (now with Standalone!), and will be included in the coming releases of Aeon, WhiteCap, and Softskies.

Here is the step by step procedure to set up the driver on your Windows computer:

- In Windows, open Control Panel > Sound (or search "Sound" in system settings)
- Select the Plackback tab
- Right click on Stereo In and select Set As Default Device
- Select the Recording tab
- Right click on Stereo Out and select Properties
- *Within the General Properties tab, select Use this device (enable)*
- Select the Listen tab
- *Check the box Listen to this device*
- *Under Playback through this device, select your desired playback device/speakers*
- Press the "OK" button (exiting the Properties window)
- Press the "OK" button (exiting the Sound window)
- Restart Standalone and change the audio source to Stereo In.

If you do not complete the starred steps, your configuration will fail. You can and should blame Windows for the overly involved and confusing set up procedures that are *required*. Mac users will have to rely on third party software for a similar solution, such as Loopback (by Rogue Amoeba) or LineIn + SoundFlower (older, but free / open source).
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org