Living Wall Paper Request...

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Living Wall Paper seems great, but if we took the time to include, would you renew?

I would totally support this by purchasing a renewal or making a donation!
67%
This is a novelty that I would likely never use.
No votes
I would rather Drew and Brandon work on building the team to create the next generation A/V and IO visualization tools.
33%
This is all just a total waste of time.
No votes

Total votes: 6

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Living Wall Paper Request...

Post by b.dwall »

Do you really want this? Perhaps in a future version this is possible, but the real question: does it change anything/make a difference, or is it a distraction from creating the multi-platform information visualization tools of the future?

Good news for those that want to experience the G-Force desktop today, here is the Mac solution (no additional software required). First go set your screensaver to your SoundSpectrum visualization of choice:

1. Launch System Preferences
2. Click on Desktop & Screen Saver and choose the screensaver you want to set as the background.
3. Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities/) and paste in the following two commands. First change the directory:

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources

4. Then execute the screensaver command (including the "." at the beginning):

./ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background

Once you hit enter, the screensaver will load on the desktop. As long as this command is running, the screen saver will be active. If you close the Terminal window, the screen saver will end and your Mac's wallpaper will return to whatever you had previously. Having trouble with the above syntax working? The above command needs to be on a single line in order to execute properly.

Stopping the screensaver is just a matter of hitting Control+Z, or closing the active terminal window. Although if you want, you can set the process to run on it’s own by adding an ampersand (&) to the end of the last command too, but then to stop the process you’d need to target it with Activity Monitor or the kill command.

Courtesy of OSXDaily
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

I'll tell you why I'd use it.

My desktop is boring but I'm at it multiple times a day and I would love to see AEON Or Gforce in the background while still being able to use my desktop as always. I also have music playing 24/7 so during the times I am not active on the desktop it will look all nice and pretty!!.