Living Wallpaper

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

juxtiphi

Living Wallpaper

Post by juxtiphi »

I don't use the Aeon Screen Saver but I would be interested in a living wallpaper version that would show Aeon behind the icons on my desktop.

even better if it still reacted to music.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

+ 1000 : That would be awesome.... :)
Especially if it worked the same for G-Force too

Great Idea juxtiphi!

Alf

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

The Interactive Desktop

Post by b.dwall »

I agree, a visualizer desktop would be very compelling, and is personally something I have envisioned in a futuristic OS for quite some time. The task at hand for us remains focused on shoring up our current lineup so that folks can continue to enjoy the visual products they have become accustomed to, and expanding to new platforms. While I cannot yet say what the future holds, we have some exciting ideas for beyond 2017!
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello juxtiphi

This has to be one of the best new features that has been suggested for a long time. I agree with Brandon though that SS need to concentrate their efforts updating the current programs then.............yes please.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

dezigner

Not perfect but...

Post by dezigner »

Doesn't perfectly work as desktop, goes over the desktop icons. But you can run apps over it. Should work for any version of windows.

Open a run command Win + R

And then run this command

start /d "C:\Windows\System32\" /b Aeon.scr /p65552

(can replace with any screen saver inc Whitecap and Softskies)

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Watching Aeon today, I sincerely hope this idea is implemented and does not fall by the wayside. This idea is having your cake and eating it too!.

C'mon living wallpaper version!!!

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Thing is, right now I am forced to use other software to achieve the desired effect. I combine it with another Free program called circledock that allows you to customize your desktop menu with icons and pics of anything you want.

I use it for putting spaceships on my desktop and the Space Journey living wallpaper provides hyperspace and other cool space backgrounds.

While graphics are comparable The detail in Aeon makes it the preferred or more desirable program for the purpose.

Alienmoon

Post by Alienmoon »

juxtiphi wrote:Thing is, right now I am forced to use other software to achieve the desired effect. I combine it with another Free program called circledock that allows you to customize your desktop menu with icons and pics of anything you want.

I use it for putting spaceships on my desktop and the Space Journey living wallpaper provides hyperspace and other cool space backgrounds.

While graphics are comparable The detail in Aeon makes it the preferred or more desirable program for the purpose.
For my desktops, I use the Living Wallpaper that's available in the STEAM Gaming client, It's got a few cool effects and you can also add and make your own.

I've already made two of them, there a tunnel effect, A deep rich Purple, made by the same username I have on here.

You should give it a try, It's the best I've seen in some years for live wallpapers.
I Want To Believe

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Visual Wall Paper Request...

Post by b.dwall »

I posted a poll and a mac solution over in the Aeon General Discussion area. Go check it out!
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

Spirit Wolfe

Living Wallpaper :: Visualizations to work with VideoLAN?

Post by Spirit Wolfe »

I am not a true programmer by any definition of the word.

However, I think I can make a suggestion that might be almost worth looking into with little effort because the feature is already built-in to the player.

:idea: Why not incorporate SoundSpectrum's visualizations with the VLC player? :?:

I mean the program can already play 99% of any file formats that are in existence and VLC can incorporate add-ons, if I remember correctly. It is already an Open Source platform player (and a very popular one, too).

Who knows maybe the VLC player can also be another accomplishment within the SoundSpectrum arsenal that can even attract more users and subscribers to our community.

Just a thought... :-k

Cheers!