Console Text Color edit possible?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

JayPro

Console Text Color edit possible?

Post by JayPro »

Let's suppose I 'm editing a palette with a text file only (i.e. no accompanying .png [<<or is that relevant?]) and (not a decimal RGB w/ .map extension) . And let's suppose the palette in question has either a white or light-shaded background hue.

I can't see the white font when I hit the L key.

Is there any way to customize this, such as making the console text a neutral grey so it can be seen?

Then again, if that's possible there's the issue of when the console text is the exact same color as that neutral grey I mentioned.

Then perhaps can the console text assume the "scene" palette color, but use only one color in the scheme...even with a dynamic ("t" variable encoded) palette?

Just some ideas... :D
"God is syntax."

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello JayPro

This is a question I have asked AOM about several times, but never received a reply. I believe it can be done by opening the GF engine in say NotePad or similar text editor. There are two files similar in name so be careful. You will require a good knowledge of Python to make any changes, so make sure you back up the oriiginal just in case. That's the best I can do for you.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

I have just received a reply from AOM saying:-
Sorry, that text is hardcoded to a certain color.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.