Add some pop to your visuals

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

carl1011

Add some pop to your visuals

Post by carl1011 »

I took the ColorMap.Transition.Function parameter formula "1-(1-t)^1.5" and copied it to the Audio.PCM.Smooth parameter value. And found that dividing it by 500 resulted in interesting waveforms. So then I added a random number variable 300 to vary the divisor 150 above and below the 500 threshold.

Revised
Audio.PCM.Smooth = "( 1-(1-t)^1.5 ) / ( 350 + rnd( 300 ))"
Original
Audio.PCM.Smooth = 0.008

Modify your "perferences.txt" file and see what you think.

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Good idea, Carl! I tried it, and it has enhanced the mag() response quality, making it more sharper than I thought. Can we use this for the next version?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin

I think carl1011 is doing a good job by experimenting with the G-Force Preference File, and sharing his findings with forum members.

You asked:- Can we use this for the next version?

How would carl1011 or anyone else for that matter know the answer until SoundSpectrum release the next version of G-Force.

I think you should concentrate all your efforts into continuing to learn how to create some good WaveShapes. That would be welcomed by all forum members.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

sharok

Post by sharok »

Good Morning,
Would you please direct me on where to find the file that I need to modify?
I've never done this before. I keep looking for that formula in different files in the G-Force folder and I cannot find it.

Thanks

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

sharok wrote:Would you please direct me on where to find the file that I need to modify?
I've never done this before. I keep looking for that formula in different files in the G-Force folder and I cannot find it.
You know where it's at! Just go to the following directory:

%AppData%\SoundSpectrum\G-Force

Now, you'll see one or more preferences files needed for your G-Force installation.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello sharok

The preference file you need is the your players preference file, mine is titled preferences winamp, that's the file to edit. Don't worry if you mess things up as all you need to do is delete the file and the next time you start G-Force it will create a new file.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

sharok

Post by sharok »

many thanks. I was able to find it and change the parameters in the player preferences file which in my case is "JRiver".

I tested it and it looks very very nice.
=D>