G-Force 5.7b1 is now available

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

BTT
Administrator

G-Force 5.7b1 is now available

Post by BTT »

Hello All

SoundSpectrum have released a Beta version of G-Force 5.7b1 - I have downloaded the installation file but am not able to install the program. I receive a message saying something about NSIS????

Anyone else having this problem?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Maybe it's to do with the Virtual Audio Cable (plugin) - which Andy wrote was now signed (used to fail because WDM certificate wasn't signed, Win10 blocked it)...

VAC in this Beta is once again preselected for installation in the media player checklists, i didn't install it yet because I don't really need to utilize that ATM ;)

BTW: worked fine for me, I de-selected Virtual Audio Cable from the Checklist (scroll down the install options of the checkbox / checklist)

Hope it helps, Alf :)

sharok

Re: G-Force 5.7b1 is now available

Post by sharok »

BTT wrote:Hello All

SoundSpectrum have released a Beta version of G-Force 5.7b1 - I have downloaded the installation file but am not able to install the program. I receive a message saying something about NSIS????

Anyone else having this problem?
Hi BTT,
It downloaded and worked fine.
I have an issue with the virtual cable. I use Jriver with G-Force, but I run G-Force in stand alone mode.
In the beta version, virtual cable was selected and that is what I use, but I get no beat detection with it. G-Force does not respond to beats. I checked everything. When I go to "Volume Mixer" and I mute the virtual cable "line in" nothing happens, it does not mute the sound.

What am I doing wrong?
I use Windows 7.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

The installation program doesn't even start for me, I get the NSIS error straight away. Have emailed AOM asking for help. Will try downloading the program again just in case the file was corrupt.
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Well, the first installation file must have been corrupt, have just re-downloaded and all went well. The only pre-selected items were Windows media player, Winamp, and Standalone, everything else was unchecked. Think I will stay with old faithful 4.3.2, as I hate the GUI, and I have full use of the toolbar with which I can easily save themes
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Just wanted to say a thank you to AOM for adding a key stroke to play the next track in Winamp.
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Several users have contacted me regarding the three new WaveShapes from AOM saying they don't like the dark colors. If you are one of those all you need to do is open each of the three WaveShapes:- Nexus 7 (Flower of Life) - Vesica Vibrations - Wright Consciousness, and comment out PEN........//Pen=".98"
Regards BTT

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

BTT wrote:Hello All

Several users have contacted me regarding the three new WaveShapes from AOM saying they don't like the dark colors. If you are one of those all you need to do is open each of the three WaveShapes:- Nexus 7 (Flower of Life) - Vesica Vibrations - Wright Consciousness, and comment out PEN........//Pen=".98"
But for me...I edited some of the WaveShapes to have an rnd() or choice({}) value. That way it doesn't look too odd.