Latest iTunes 12.06.0.95 and G-Force/Whitecap

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

jb777777

Latest iTunes 12.06.0.95 and G-Force/Whitecap

Post by jb777777 »

I've updated to iTunes 12.06.0.95 on my Mac, and now G-Force and WhiteCap display in only 1/4 of the bottom L/H side of the iTunes screen when I have my display set at any resolution other than the default res of 3840x2160.

I have tried all the iTunes visualisers, ProjectM and they work faultlessly at any display resolution. I have also re-installed the latest G-Force but it still displays at 1/4 of the iTunes display size. I also tried to restore an older iTunes from TimeMachine backup, but it won't let me downgrade.

Anyone else having this problem, is there a fix for this??

Jim :cry:

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello jb777777

Your best bet would be to open a support ticket with SoundSpectrum who will help to resolve your issue.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

jb777777

Post by jb777777 »

Ok, will do now. Thanks

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

iTunes 12.6 Fix Coming Soon

Post by b.dwall »

Hi Everyone.

If you rely on SoundSpectrum visualizer software in your daily routine, for the time being I would recommend not updating to iTunes 12.6 until we have a fix out.

It looks like in an effort to support newer retina screens, there have been some changes to macOS that unfortunately are affecting the display of our visualizer software while running iTunes 12.6. We are making every effort to get this fixed as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience. If you need further support, or assistance with using the Standalone application, please submit a trouble ticket.

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

If you need to revert to a previous version of iTunes, you can try using one of many internet guides that exist (e.g. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/revertin ... 32590.html).

Remember to save your iTunes database and back up your computer before attempting any advanced tinkering!

Regards,

Brandon
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

Daddo

Post by Daddo »

Well this is the biggest bummer I've had in a loooooong while!
On my 2011 Mac mini, the plugin is not even registering ... i.e. It is not available in the visualizer menu at all!

I will try to downgrade (damn it!)...
But two questions in the meantime...

Has anyone ever figured out how to port audio to the standalone gforce on a Mac mini?

Will the fix be free for those of us who have let our licenses expire?
(I would hope so, I've bought licenses that expired before any updates were made)

Thanks,
Andrew
No matter where go ...
...there you are

Daddo

Post by Daddo »

Just spent the last two hours painfully downgrading back to 12.5... quite a few hoops...can provide some guidance if anyone needs it... but unless you've got a back up of your iTunes library from the last time you opened iTunes BEFORE 12.6 you're going to be hosed....if time machine or some other back up that captures iterations is enabled, we can get this done... let me know if anyone needs help.
No matter where go ...
...there you are

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Daddo wrote:Just spent the last two hours painfully downgrading back to 12.5... quite a few hoops...can provide some guidance if anyone needs it... but unless you've got a back up of your iTunes library from the last time you opened iTunes BEFORE 12.6 you're going to be hosed....if time machine or some other back up that captures iterations is enabled, we can get this done... let me know if anyone needs help.

Hi Daddo

why bother going back? Apple is just going to release another version (maybe tomorrow) and if SS updates their progs in kind you will be back at square one in just a few weeks when Apple updates again. This circle is of the most vicious kind.

It's par for the course with them. This forum is littered with complaints about G-force not working with updated player.

Now SS has tunr which I thought was supported by Apple but as usual, when apple updates their software SS progs do not work.

Why bother with Apple? I have all my music at my fingertips without some program monitoring it for me and I have no issues with ss progs not working.

Daddo

Post by Daddo »

For starters, I have a ton of music automation features and software that rely on iTunes. Additionally, I have a Mac mini which due to its sound card config, makes gforce standalone useless.

While SS has been notoriously remiss in updating their stuff, this is the first time in over 10 years use of gforce that I've had an compatibility issue. I'm sure it's due to a fixable issue that will remain somewhat evergreen over the next ten years.

So.....I rolled back now because gforce is always on my 55 inch screen and I didn't want to have to wait weeks for SS to catch up. Once they do, I'll grab me the latest iTunes version again...
...and there will be peace in the valley for me.
No matter where go ...
...there you are

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Daddo wrote:For starters, I have a ton of music automation features and software that rely on iTunes. Additionally, I have a Mac mini which due to its sound card config, makes gforce standalone useless.

While SS has been notoriously remiss in updating their stuff, this is the first time in over 10 years use of gforce that I've had an compatibility issue. I'm sure it's due to a fixable issue that will remain somewhat evergreen over the next ten years.

So.....I rolled back now because gforce is always on my 55 inch screen and I didn't want to have to wait weeks for SS to catch up. Once they do, I'll grab me the latest iTunes version again...
...and there will be peace in the valley for me.
good luck

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Reply to Daddo

Post by b.dwall »

Daddo wrote:Well this is the biggest bummer I've had in a loooooong while!
On my 2011 Mac mini, the plugin is not even registering ... i.e. It is not available in the visualizer menu at all!
I would say you have been pretty fortunate! Seriously though, if you can manage it with your particular computing situation, a reinstall of 12.5 should do the trick for you until we come out with a fix. SoundSpectrum will try to help and provide support to any customer with an issue that reaches out to us.

The benefit of renewing is that your software is supported when company A decides to make sweeping changes to their gated OS, then forces everyone to "upgrade" for "free"; which of course can leave us all with broken programs that we paid for, and companies like ours have to be reactive in dealing with these changes. This process can put significant draw on the resources of a small business to keep up.

If you are getting something for free, chances are good that you or someone is going to pay for it somewhere else or somehow. Your particular meticulous music process relies on a closed system that can change at anytime, and increasingly without consent. Have you considered going to company A about these issues?

To answer your other questions:

Has anyone ever figured out how to port audio to the standalone gforce on a Mac mini?

Yes... there is a really great open source solution for this that we hope to incorporate in a future release: http://www.soundspectrum-forums.com/vie ... 1686#21686

Will the fix be free for those of us who have let our licenses expire?

We will provide extensions, upgrades, and renewal discounts (on a case by case basis) to those who have been affected by the recent iTunes changes.

Brandon
Last edited by b.dwall on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

To juxtiphi

Post by b.dwall »

juxtiphi wrote: Why bother with Apple? I have all my music at my fingertips without some program monitoring it for me and I have no issues with ss progs not working.
Hey juxtiphi, can you go into more detail for folks about what you mean here and how you keep everything working?

Regards,

Brandon

juxtiphi

Re: To juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

SS_Bran wrote:
juxtiphi wrote: Why bother with Apple? I have all my music at my fingertips without some program monitoring it for me and I have no issues with ss progs not working.
Hey juxtiphi, can you go into more detail for folks about what you mean here and how you keep everything working?

Regards,

Brandon
Simple

I don't use itunes LOL just joking

I'm running Windows and I have my folders set up to archive music in a very logical way so no matter what I want I know where it is.

Also, I use the Standalone version of G-force exclusively, although a much older version than current. It has no problem recognizing my sound card options. I have the onboard audio and 2 different Creative SB cards, so plenty of options.

It's nice because I'm not beholden to crapple I don't have to worry about whether or not G-force will work when they update itunes or if I will be locked out or lose my music.

Daddo

Post by Daddo »

iTunes 12.6.0.100 is out...anyone know if it contains a fix?
No matter where go ...
...there you are

strumsky

Post by strumsky »

juxtiphi wrote: This forum is littered with complaints about G-force not working with updated player.
Just in case anyone reading this is misunderstanding... I've run G-Force and Aeon, White Caps, etc., all, on my always current updated software Macs for (it seems) decades and have absolutely no problems with Apple's iTunes running on a Mac. To this day. Plain & simple.

I have no use for Standalone.

I have a monstrously huge library. I just want my music to look good.

Of course almost every user has unique usage, so that's why I quail at user comments making such broad sweeps with, really, their biases showing.

Not that you did, juxtiphi. Just saying for anyone reading and perhaps wishing for clarity and this viewpoint.