G-Force Beta 5.5.1b1

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

ozbeats

G-Force Beta 5.5.1b1

Post by ozbeats »

After utilizing and testing the 5.5.1b1 beta version a couple of things have changed...

1. With this new beta version on a high end PC frame rates become limited to around 60-62 frames per second even though the desired frame rate is set to 90

Usually with G-Force including the 5.5 (release version) my frame rates can go above 80 and straight up to 74 frames per second (fps),
but in the current beta this seems to have been modified with an effect on performance.

2. In the GF beta 5.5.1b1 beta description I've seen:

-Now looking for album cover art under WMP more aggressively (e.g. folder.jpg).
- Now gracefully handling cover art that fails to load.

However this is disastrous for those like me that have folders with multiple artists and songs in them and one folder.jpg,
so it shows for every artist and every song that doesn't implicitly have a cover art picture associated individually.

Furthermore, I would like to see a UI option to disable all cover art -
Especially if the over aggressiveness of finding incorrect matches is officially added to a release version....

Any feedback, comments or help would be appreciated ;)

Happy New Year :)

Alf in Australia

jerohm

RE: frame rates

Post by jerohm »

RE: frame rates become limited....

just a guess, but what is Settings->Frame Sync Mode set to??
maybe...
:roll:

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Jerohm,

I'm using Windows Media Player x64 bit version with the 64-bit G-Force beta 5.5.1 beta,
On a Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit PC With 16GB ram and a Nvidia GTX970

Sync Mode is set to off, and allows for really fast FPS rates inside WMP which itself has an internal hidden anti-tear / v-sycish type of feature

In G-Force 5.5 I can reach 70-80 fps easily but in the latest beta that ability has diminished, maybe it has something to do with this as well, maybe a code mismatch:
- Fixed track animation accidentally opaque (and other render to texture configs) under Direct3D.
- Album cover art now loads more smoothly under Windows Media Player.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Just to be clear, this issue only affects G-Force 5.5.1b1
(G-Force is more CPU intensive / reliant) - My rig has a recent (but not newer) Intel i7 4770 CPU (4th Generation)
The newest 7th Gen of Intel CPUs has just been released in Australia

The frame rate limitations does NOT affect:

Whitecap 6.6b2 nor Aeon 3.8

Both of these can easily reach 90 fps on my rig (with desired frame rate set to 90)...
but they are graphics card GPU (Video card) reliant.... especially Aeon

Cheers...

Alf in Adelaide, Australia

P.S: It's really hot here :shock: 41 degrees Celsius / 106 degrees Fahrenheit - at the moment

ozbeats

Re: G-Force Beta 5.5.1b1

Post by ozbeats »

ozbeats wrote:After utilizing and testing the 5.5.1b1 beta version a couple of things have changed...

1. With this new beta version on a high end PC frame rates become limited to around 60-62 frames per second even though the desired frame rate is set to 90

Usually with G-Force including the 5.5 (release version) my frame rates can go above 80 and straight up to 74 frames per second (fps),
but in the current beta this seems to have been modified with an effect on performance.

2. In the GF beta 5.5.1b1 beta description I've seen:

-Now looking for album cover art under WMP more aggressively (e.g. folder.jpg).
- Now gracefully handling cover art that fails to load.

However this is disastrous for those like me that have folders with multiple artists and songs in them and one folder.jpg,
so it shows for every artist and every song that doesn't implicitly have a cover art picture associated individually.

Furthermore, I would like to see a UI option to disable all cover art -
Especially if the over aggressiveness of finding incorrect matches is officially added to a release version....

Alf in Australia
UPDATE - After some more testing with G-force beta 5.5.1

Regarding topic 1: I was wrong, frame rates locking to 64-65 fps in any SS visualizer running on Windows Media Player actually only happens intermittently.
I've managed to get G-force beta running at frame rates well above 70 fps,
Aeon and Whitecap also work at up to 90 fps unless Microsoft Windows WMP locks the frame rate,
or then again it could also be a NVidia driver glitch affecting WMP - randomly locking frame rates to 64-65 fps

Regarding topic 2: This can easily be rectified, find the folders one by one that have cover art errors because of the folder.jpg inside those folders.

Simply open the Windows Explorer
Locate the folder and then use the VIEW sub-menu
Check the box marked 'Show - hidden items'
Sort alphabetically by name and scroll to F, Find Folder.jpg and delete or rename it....
After all incorrect folder.jpg entries have been renamed/removed go back to Windows Explorer VIEW Sub-menu and uncheck 'Show - Hidden items'

Hope this helps, Alf :)