New Ideas for SoundSpectrum

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

New Ideas for SoundSpectrum

Post by 1 »

Hi,

I saw that Andy had posted on the horizon on the fourth of November...

I think I was using these softwares back a few owners ago but even still I have and others have (hopefully) new Ideas to post...

I was and am curious if we could map thru into the art feed.. a kind of midi interface or connection --- besides just oscilloscope like performances what if the keyboard was to interface with the visuals --- I had done this on a fruity type of computer system that I will not mention the name of... and but what hoping that the MIDI stuff would transfer here to the pc systems.. :)

Just like to say this is really great the stuff that is done right now at this point ... -- here at soundspectrum..

I have been making more music video's as of late.. and really enjoy using this program as a kind of screen for the movies getting broadcast.. and such.. I am broadcasting right now actually... 000

If there were an equations section to the program -- allowing more control I would enjoy that as well. I guess the three sections could have some maths about what they do... the colors, the flowfield and say the sprites and such.. ---

Bill Newbold,
You are a God.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello 1

Have browsed you website and believe you may be in breach of your SoundSpectrum license. Do you have the PRO version? also screenshots should I believe mention SoundSpectrum. I have contacted SoundSpectrum asking SS-Bran to clarify this issue.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Web Videos and Terms of Use

Post by b.dwall »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback and comments. I am not currently aware of a way to use midi as a control interface for our visuals, but that is certainly an interesting idea that I would love to hear more about if anyone has had success.

BTT is correct, you are currently in violation of our terms of use agreement, but I am happy to provide some guidance to you on your creative endeavors.

We permit registered only paid license holders (Gold, Platinum or Commercial) to post video(s) on the web, provided they meet these following conditions:

- 1) you must purchase an ACTIVE Gold, Platinum or Commercial license for the SoundSpectrum software that may be used in a posted video(s)
- 2) video(s) must include a text credit saying that "visuals are courtesy of SoundSpectrum (www.soundspectrum.com)"
- 3) the text credit must appear within the video(s) itself (i.e. the closing frame is fine) AND be included along with the details/description that are posted with the video(s).
- 4) URLs to all posted video(s) should be provided to SoundSpectrum and they should include all required credits while being used in a not-for-profit manner.
- 5) we reserve the right to rescind permission for any posted video(s) that contain objectionable, illegal, or is representative content (in our sole discretion).
- 6) you may not sell or license posted video(s) containing SoundSpectrum content, or place video(s) behind a paywall.
- 7) you may not use video(s) containing SoundSpectrum content in any live performance, unless prior commercial license and permission has been granted

These terms can change without notice, so please make sure you are in contact with us concerning usage.

Commercial Licenses - We license our visualizers for live public display as well as a wide variety of other commercial uses, including performances, events, night clubs, and VJ's, among other things. Licensing terms and cost are based on the specific use involved, and commercial licenses are provided on a year-term basis. Our commercial license costs vary depending on factors of the particular business and usage of our software.

Private / Non-Profit Uses - Our Gold and Platinum licenses are for personal, private, and non-commercial purposes only. We can allow posting to such sites as Youtube, as long as you follow our terms of use guidelines above. If you plan on making a profit based on a paywall model, through advertising, or any other model, then we would need to negotiate a commercial license where the terms of use can be stipulated further. I know that Youtube and Vimeo both support options to turn off monetization (Turn ads off for videos - YouTube: http://bit.ly/2fNOvct).

Please note 3 and 4 in particular for non-commercial uses. Let me know if you have any questions.
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

Thanks in advance for the information

Post by 1 »

I am sorry about any Violation of the agreement I had no Idea as I just plug and play...
  • 1) yep I am gold with aeon and g-force --- :) --- I was a few years back as well a soundspectrum client I remember hypnogogic-screen saver that I think was in the earyly 2002 area of time --- that license lapsed and I got a new one earlier this year.

2) I have no problem with doing that.... I have as well when asked given the link to you guys as well....and Have tried to promote your use for just this thing..

3) I would like to as well set up a "card" on youtube and maybe a quick commercial like thing I can do in the middle of the stream feeds to include your link to the site and promote Soundspectrum there too..???

4)right ... this might be difficult to do with the back log of videos I have... but it is all not for profit and the credits to your visuals I can put at the head of the youtube channel of mine..

5)that is fine as long as I still keep the sounds I am making with your videos as... mmmm IDK something I can post maybe at sound cloud or something..---

6) most definitely will not do anything for money or about moneyies or ?paywall --- not the way I am with my music/or images...

7) I don't do "live" performance other then feeds playing my music into youtube I do not know if that is considered live or not? *youtube calls is live as it is being broadcast in the moment and I can interject said v-cards with your information and links on when I do this ...

8) Ok I am a sole individual using this software... I use the image grab function on the toolbar and insert images I have taken with my camera across the roads and streets between nyc NJ and Washington DC also (maybe DC I might not of put them in that folder or not)

9) I did have my videos *your graphics with my music* monitized for no real reason --- I made about 37cents for my 2000 + videos and I haven't a problem with un-doing that problem

10) I do see a problem with the edit of these videos ,,,, not putting you information there but.. the sheer amount of time and effort needed to edit these past videos to conform... right now I can edit current ones ... and new ones... there may be a lag on the past videos UNLESS I can automate this process ===

11)after this post I plan to --- change the money problem to not for profit everywhere it was not as--- It is not my want --- or desire to make money from my music but--- it is my desire to inspire others to create art as well...

12) So If this does not sound like an apology for the mistakes made I officially apologize and will... (if you want) take my youtube site down all 3145 videos and not put up anything till... they are in compliance with your guidelines---

13) I can (if you want to?) give you access to said videos ... in order to do an automation of the video files into compliance and increase the visibility of these programs --- In a kind of legal like arrangement that would be to your liking and such... I do not know the time you could or would like to devote to something here but --- otherwise there would be the wait for me to post these "fixes" to said video files..
my email is "jetseen" @gmail.com so,..IF I am not responding right away... OR like in a day or (when you need me to) send me an email as I thought I would of gotten an email when this topic went active .. after I started it.

as for midi mapping there is a free MIDI program that could be used to trigger the items on the tool bar to change to direct values...

either the color the field thing or the particle painter.

Again I await more guidance with how to handle the 3145 videos I have uploaded...and for now I will start the new conforming to these guidlines you have posted in this thread and the other guides in the fine print..as I am sorry for not conforming at first. I will work for soundspectrum as a volunteer --- in any capacity you see fit--- if you like?

I have ideas about these types of visual equations as being applied to the virtual three-d ocular tools and being very interactive inside this type of virtual concept there of.

//aside

I do have limitations of perception being that I see everything in a forward backward like dyslexic jumble so this post might not be written as well as someone who sees only in one direction at one time...

aside//

Bill Newbold
aka
xoet
h92o
ice9
jetseen
and
William Victor Newbold

the above aliases are used only on the internet... as virtual personalities
You are a God.

OK the process of branding all my videos

Post by 1 »

I Have no problem with the branding of all my videos with a file

1mg png or gif...

If you could do up some kind of image I would brand all my videos at the end with this image...

not a problem

I have also unmonitized the videos either all of them or the new ones I can't tell right now.

just post the image file and I will put it at the end or all the way thru the videos =-=- it is up to you here.

this is the first video I have made with the text tool in youtube... to put the sound spectrum site in as the text it is short for now... and the images are slowed to 8x === since that was a possible option too...

https://youtu.be/qBnsdqkREVw

I am currently looking to offline my entire set of 3145 videos for this overhaul and can't seem to find that check box --

still cant find this check box ahhh well... but this is edited typing ---

also

did some digging it was probably a different screen saver from maybe 2005 the hpynogenec one I think that I thought was where soundspectrum had emerged but if it did not they are close in "style" and maybe we can "import" some of the fft color field blends maths in them-- maybe IDK
You are a God.

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Online Video Response

Post by b.dwall »

Hi 1,

Thanks for your understanding. I don't believe it was your intention to violate your software agreement, and I appreciate you taking the time to get your future videos in compliance. Please feel free to use our logo graphic (http://www.soundspectrum.com/tunr/wp-co ... m_logo.png), with the accompanied phrase: "Visuals are courtesy of SoundSpectrum (www.soundspectrum.com)"

We won't be able to help get your past videos in compliance. I know you can select multi videos for removal or to set as private, but I am not sure about removing all at once. Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to start a new Youtube page. Try using some screen capture software to get better results with your image quality. If you have further questions, please contact us through our support contact form: http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

Regards,

Brandon
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org

OK that is what I needed a png

Post by 1 »

I think --- since all that music is what I do it for... the images are usually just something to fill in..

but yeah I am going to set up a new account for my sound spectrum videos I think that is a good idea...
I don't think many of my videos have over ten or so views .. so mostly that is me listening to my music --
I had stopped making them this past few weeks as I did not see a reply here ...
but there was I just had not refreshed the browser so yeah I have ideas for stuff too.

I have a separate account for my warframe game video play... totally separate just that focus.. ---

I will do this again - right now. :) ===

I will post here again as to the link to the youtube site and try to migrate the soundspectrum stuff over...

Back in 1995 when I was designing video music things like this in the "think C" language on a mac II av machine (33 hrz processor speed) working with the imaja program add-ons...
the video group in charge said all the images are mind as my computer made them --- but since that was ---twenty years ago
things have changed I still have some 6hr videos with bliss paint visuals -- and have also put them on the youtube
as well they will not get transferred to the new video channel for my music put to soundspectrum visuals.

thanks for replying .. :)

I am working in the game engine UNITY 5.5 that supports VR I am just updating my programming skills and such to what is now C# :)

I want to make art program games and such for VR...
You are a God.

back wb..

Post by 1 »

the requirements for the broadcasting seems daunting to me so I let my license lapse ...

I had forgotten all the requirements and reread them ... I think I am going to get video editing programs and wait till next month for the... aion and g-force programs... IF you could update or just ... confirm the requirements at this time.. for youtube play... I will be back in a month to buy these programs.
You are a God.

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

Be careful when you publish SoundSpectrum-related content. As BTT explained, you don't really want to intrude your license. I've once been sued by BTT for posting SoundSpectrum content in an unauthorized manner, so you don't REALLY want to run into problems like I have.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello DanPin

Here you go again making inaccurate statements. I did not take any legal action against you as claimed and the content in question had nothing to do with SoundSpectrum. The issue was at the time you had a website that gave the impression that it was connected with SoundSpectrum, the company requested that you change the name of the website which you did. My grievance with you was that you had obtained hundreds of ColorMaps which I had created and you were making these available to every Tom, Dick and Harry. After repeated requests to remove the ColorMaps from your site which you chose to ignore I informed you that I was seeking legal advice and if necessary I would report your website to your host and consider taking legal action against you, as you immediately removed the ColorMaps no further action was taken. I would have thought that after being banned from the forum on more than one occasion for your inaccurate claims and statements, and giving the impression that you were part of the SoundSpectrum team that you would be very careful as to what you posted on this forum.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.