New Theme

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Gregory2001

New Theme

Post by Gregory2001 »

How do I go about making a theme which has everything included (all the boxes checked)? Thanks.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Gregory2001

Ever since SoundSpectrum removed the save theme feature from the G-Force toolbar which many, yes many people have asked to be restored it has proved to be a problem trying to save a theme using the user interface. Requests have been made to SoundSpectrum so many times they promised months ago to restore the feature. At this moment in time there is no information coming from the company regarding what is going on with any product!!!
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Is that why there have been no beta updates?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Gregory2001

Copy of the last post regarding updates from Andy of SoundSpectrum - November 2014
andy55 wrote:Hey everyone!

I wanted to share some inside baseball here on the forums, especially to all the big fans and supporters of SoundSpectrum visuals. Before I begin, I want to acknowledge and recognize the hard work and attention afforded by all the moderators here. They're constantly fighting back spam and extending a helping hand towards users in need, and it's something that's just not possible for SoundSpectrum to do all on its own!

So what are we up to over here in Austin, anyway?!? We sure haven't released any product updates lately, but that's a result of me pouring most of my waking hours into SoundSpectrum's future path these last few months.

As many of us realize, the sun on the desktop is setting. Given the kind of software we sell, it's becoming increasingly very difficult to support ourselves from desktop software sales alone. We all know what's rising up to take its place, but I've been seeking clarity on how SoundSpectrum's 10+ years of vis development can harmonize with the expanding but fickle mobile universe. Throughout these last few years, I've been thinking carefully on a mobile app that isn't just a "me too" and instead offers clear and unique value. If SoundSpectrum went down the mobile path, I wanted us offer REAL value to users, offer something that would leverage SoundSpectrum's existing engineering and visualizers, and offer something that I felt proud to put my name on as a global citizen.

The good news is that after years of inner deliberation and critical analysis, I believe I now have SoundSpectrum's mobile path figured out. And I feel REALLY excited -- as businessperson, engineer, and visual artist. The bad news is that until we ship this new mobile software platform for iOS, all you beautiful supporters of SoundSpectrum won't see much in new releases to existing products until after that. It will be an even longer wait for an Android product, but the release of a special and sharp iOS product will give SoundSpectrum the fuel it needs to create an Android version of our mobile product AND reboot its visual product line. I would have not chosen to proceed down the mobile product path if I didn't think it would take SoundSpectrum and all its loyal customers into tomorrow's paradigm of music listening and the visual appreciation that can go with it. I seriously wouldn't have chosen it, and I never thought I'd be going down the mobile path with so much confidence.

The mobile product under development offers real and measurable utility (unlike many apps out there), and our visuals will raise it to a level that prospective competitors won't be able touch unless they're willing to lay down MANY man-years worth of development. The mobile product, codenamed spectrum, is coming together and the path is now clear, but there's much work still to be done. Every week brings spectrum to exciting places, and we're looking at a spring release. The last time I felt this level of personal and professional development fervor it was all the way back when I was making G-Force 15 years ago! Hopefully, that should say something about my vision and excitement over this path! This has made development go easy despite the kind of hours I'm putting in (and will put in until its released).

In the mean time, I kindly call on everyone to tell their friends and family about G-Force, WhiteCap, SoftSkies, and Aeon. Give them as a gift this holiday season! As always, your support as a customer lets this special little company make special big products!

Andrew O'Meara
SoundSpectrum CTO
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Sad.