Change settings off-screen

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Shadowbase

Change settings off-screen

Post by Shadowbase »

I just bought Aeon Platinum. I see no way to change the settings, custom scenes, color maps, etc off of the visualizers' screen which is in a secondary display. I don't want people seeing me going into menus, when they are looking at the visuals on my projector. It's distracting. Is there no way to pull up the menus on my laptop screen, and not have them show up on the visualizers projection screen?

DanPin

Re: Change settings off-screen

Post by DanPin »

I have no clue what you're talking about. On-screen menus? Willing to have privacy? :?

Have FrankN or BTT look forward to that.

Edited by BTT
Last edited by DanPin on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Shadowbase

You can turn off Aeon showing the GUI by locating your players preference file and changing these two lines:

UI.ActivateOnClick = 1 - change this to UI.ActivateOnClick = 0

UI.Enabled = 1 - change this to UI.Enabled = 0

The GUI will then be disabled. If you want to access the GUI by a mouse click then leave UI.ActivateOnClick = 1
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

DanPin

If you do not have the knowledge (which you obviously don't) to answer a request for help then refrain from making a useless post. You are becoming a nuisance as before. Behave or be banned again.
Regards BTT

juxtiphi

Re: Change settings off-screen

Post by juxtiphi »

DanPin wrote:.
I have no clue what you're talking about. On-screen menus? Willing to have privacy? :?

Have FrankN or BTT look forward to that.
Dan, What he means is this, while he is controlling the vis, he doesn't want the gui to show on the screen when he makes changes because who wants to see the gui pop up with a mouse running over it while you are trying to entertain people.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Shadowbase

I should have mentioned that this will affect both your PC and projected display.
Regards BTT

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

BTT wrote:You can turn off Aeon showing the GUI by locating your players preference file and changing these two lines:

UI.ActivateOnClick = 1 - change this to UI.ActivateOnClick = 0

UI.Enabled = 1 - change this to UI.Enabled = 0
There's another simple way to hide the GUI rather than just moding the prefs file. Just press the backslash (\) key on the keyboard, and there you go, the GUI is gone. To turn it back on, just press the key again.

Shadowbase

Post by Shadowbase »

Thanks for the replies! I do know how to hide the UI (\). It would be nice to have the ability to access those menus on another screen, for people that don't know coding. :)

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Shadowbase wrote:Thanks for the replies! I do know how to hide the UI (\). It would be nice to have the ability to access those menus on another screen, for people that don't know coding. :)
G-force has a toolbar that allows you to do that. You can keep it on your monitor and control the vis from off screen. It gives you full real time control.

However, they changed the toolbar and removed the save theme function. I'm old school and preferred it over the new UI

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

G-force has a toolbar that allows you to do that. You can keep it on your monitor and control the vis from off screen. It gives you full real time control.

However, they changed the toolbar and removed the save theme function. I'm old school and preferred it over the new UI
SoundSpectrum promised to make the save theme active again some months ago. Once they complete the TUNR app let's hope they will keep their promise. It was one of the best features of the GF toolbar.

Hope you read this FRANK!!!
Regards BTT

Trancelot

AEON Controls

Post by Trancelot »

Have there been any updates on this? Not being able to control off screen pretty much makes it useless beyond some solo fun, which I could have done with the Free Trial. ](*,)
My imagination is bigger than yours.

juxtiphi

Re: AEON Controls

Post by juxtiphi »

Trancelot wrote:Have there been any updates on this? Not being able to control off screen pretty much makes it useless beyond some solo fun, which I could have done with the Free Trial. ](*,)
Hi Trancelot

Unfortunately no. I would love to be able to update to the latest version and have the simple yet complete control the toolbar gave me.