undefined function 'refresh'

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Deedjee

undefined function 'refresh'

Post by Deedjee »

Aeon Standalone 3.7.4 (6771,64-Bit)
  • console line.: undefined function 'refresh'

at full screen (2 sec after entering FS)

Only me?(Did not test on other systems yet)

As a heads up, no worries though, just looks bit sloppy.

ASUS M4A89GTD
AMD Phenom II X4
2x G Skill F3-10666CL9-8GBXL 8 GB DDR3-1333
Nvidia GTX650TI
Win7 64

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Deedjee

You need to contact Frank at SoundSpectrum support to resolve this issue:-

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Deedjee

Post by Deedjee »

Oke i will,(I did) thanks for your reply, BTT.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Deedjee

For future reference when SoundSpectrum resolves your problem would you please post the solution on the forum so anyone else having the same problem will know what to do.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Deedjee

Post by Deedjee »

I will do so, BTT.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

I can confirm that the undefined function 'refresh' bug has already been reported, and affects all of the standalone visualizers @ SoundSpectrum.

This was reported to Frank over 2 months ago, not fixed yet...
I was assured a fix was on the way in a little while... but going on recent history won't hold my breath too hard.

Another glitch to add to the 'Critical / Important' shortlist.

Also Whitecap (current version) draws visuals on top of song title and cover art in Windows Media Player on Windows 10.
This has been reported too, months ago....

Furthermore there is an additional G-Force related bug with maximizing and minimizing the Windows Media Player -
it freezes previously cached visuals on the screen for a second (or half a second) and is not clearing its cache buffer,
retaining previous imagery from the WMP's last graphics (like a frozen screenshot) which was drawn prior to maximizing the visualizer Full-screen.

As it stands we're on one update a year, 3 since the start of last year.... the most recent with glitches and bugs however cosmetic - all over the place

Not sure if it's advisable to only please the apple fanboy team and keep 100's or 1000's of SS remaining license holders waiting for updates, fixes, repairs and new content,

For the purpose instead of a niche play on mobile devices (currently in development with Tunr)

It's like metaphorically breaking your nose despite your face.

I can only assume some users don't like the feeling of being treated like they're unimportant or ignored, even if they're a loyal SS licensee.

Alf in Australia :wink:

Edited by BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi guys,

I don't want you to feel like you're being ignored! These issues have been weighing on my mind ever since they were reported. However, most of them are very minor cosmetic issues, so I haven't been able to make them a priority yet.

I hope you understand, and I'm looking forward to addressing these issues as soon as I can.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Thanks Frank, all of your work and effort is greatly appreciated.

The glitches may be somewhat cosmetic, and easy to rectify.....
Simple glitches and bugs could or should be resolved a lot faster, considering they're nothing major, nor a showstopper necessarily.
All things considered, how small the problems are, they need to be fixed in a much more reasonable timeframe.....
So that us customers have more confidence in the company, and in the beta testing and error / bug reporting systems.

Example: 'report a bug and we'll fix it as soon as possible rather than later'

Thanks Frank and Andy

From Alf in Australia

BTW We know you are working... Hard-core, keep at it team
:)

Edited by BTT

DanPin

Post by DanPin »

And of course, the "undefined function 'refresh'" bug was reported when entering fullscreen in Standalone. I've never gotten this when I was sticking with the trial version. I'm pretty sure the bug will be fixed in the next release.

Edited by BTT

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

And of course, the "undefined function 'refresh'" bug was reported when entering fullscreen in Standalone. I've never gotten this when I was sticking with the trial version. I'm pretty sure the bug will be fixed in the next release.

AND Yes the 'undefined function refresh' bug was reported online and to Frank N in support discussions, several months ago not long after the February releases, affects all SS visualizer standalone's and Winamp too.

I'm a loyal paid customer for more than a 12 years...
Seeing this company grow has been an amazing experience....

P.S: Did you know that back in the early 00's initially Whitecap had it's own site, then G-force and Aeon were launched on the unified SS website?

Edited by BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi guys,

I'm glad you're excited about our product! And I hope that you enjoyed the site. However, to create the biggest splash when Tunr is released, I've had to put up an Under Construction sign on our site. I hope you understand, and please look forward to more updates in the future!