License Code Expiration

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

coathanger

License Code Expiration

Post by coathanger »

i bought platinum a couple years ago, solely for the awesome screensaver.

now when i go to enter the code to download, it says ""The license code entered has expired and no longer has access to updates. Please visit the license renewal page to renew your license."
i dont need updates. i just want the version i had, that i paid for.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello coathanger

Hope this will be of some help to you, to read more click on this link: http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/faq.html

Or contact SoundSpectrum support: http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will I be able to use the software in perpetuity? What happens if SoundSpectrum shuts down?

SoundSpectrum's product license agreements typically grant the user the right to use it in perpetuity, and SoundSpectrum intends to honor those agreements. In the unlikely event of a company shutdown, SoundSpectrum will enable automatic approval of all validation requests or provide other technical means allowing users to continue using our products.

What happens when SoundSpectrum releases new versions of a software product? Will I be able to install an older version?

Yes. Even after an older version of the product stops shipping, you will always be able to install your copy of the older product. The sole purpose of SoundSpectrum's validation system is to prevent software piracy and the only reason a license code won't be accepted during the validation process is if the license code has been flagged as being illegitimate.

(Source - SoundSpectrum)
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

coathanger

Post by coathanger »

i never bought a g force license, only whitecap.

ive filed a support ticket, thanks.

coathanger

Post by coathanger »

to make it clear for any other prospective customers: when you purchase whitecap you have 365 days- that theyll make the download available to you. after that theyve decided that its apparently too costly to host a tiny file for you, and when you come back to reinstall after that 365 day period youll get this message:

The registered e-mail address and WhiteCap license code entered have been verified, however, your license code has been expired for an extended period of time. As a valued customer, we would like to provide you with the offer below to purchase a renewed WhiteCap license at a discount.

To continue, please choose a payment method below for the final payment step.

Item Description Price

WhiteCap Platinum
1 Year of Download Access and Updates $30.00

20% off -$6.00

Total $24.00

the discount will vary on how long after the 365 days it is.

so if you want whitecap, you better pretend its 1995, run down to cirquit city, buy your self a DVDR, and burn a copy to keep. or youll be flushing your money down the drain for one year access to a screensaver.
Last edited by coathanger on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coathanger

Post by coathanger »

"you will always be able to install your copy of the older product."
you just wont be able to download it. so nip that right in the bud.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi,

If you'd prefer not to renew your license, we ask that you save your installer, and back it up somewhere safe (your Dropbox, a flash drive, a spare hard drive). We send multiple emails alerting you to this. Notification of the policy is available all over our website, along with the reasoning behind it.

If you would like to know more, go to the link below (and posted several times in this thread) and read the relevant articles under Installing and License Code Validation.

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/whitecap/ ... n/faq.html

Thanks for reading.

Thomas Rose

Post by Thomas Rose »

i already paid for white cap platinum and G-force gold but after my hard drive crashed it looks like they want me to pay AGAIN so i agree with you about feeling RIPPED OFF They claim this botification is ALL OVER the website it sure doesnt show up where one would EXPECT IT TO BE (FAQ's) after giving them info as to who paid and when they GLADLY sent me a useless license code acting like it was all good.. dissapointed that they dont relly care after they got yer money
TMRose

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Thomas Rose

I always keep my installer downloads and passwords on a memory stick, just in case. I do think however that SoundSpectrum should warn customers about the kind of situation you find yourself in.

I suggest you contact Frank (customer support) by clicking on the link below explaining your situation, he really is a nice man.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hi Thomas,

Actually, that information is in the FAQ several times.

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/D ... tml#expire

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/D ... bscription

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/D ... html#renew

We also send you a few emails before your download access expires, and even one after it expires. I know your license was purchased as a gift 5 years ago, so I don't expect you to remember if we contacted you or what the FAQ says. I'm sorry that it came as a surprise when you checked back in.

We've been talking a few times over the past couple weeks, and I've offered you a 50% discount each time. But, I never hear back from you, and you seem to forget what we've talked about each time you write.

If there's a specific place that you were looking for this information, or a way that we could convey this information to you that would be more effective, please let me know. Finding a better way to communicate with our customers, and providing a better customer experience is always the top priority of any small business.

piconut

Post by piconut »

FrankN wrote: We've been talking a few times over the past couple weeks, and I've offered you a 50% discount each time.
Hi FrankN, sorry for the thread drift here but I tried to PM you and it has been "disabled on this forum." I'm a G-Force Platinum owner and have been waiting patiently in hopes of a 50% off WhiteCap Platinum license for those of us who have already purchased one of your other licenses. Just wondering if you could email me a discount code or are planning on offering a "Black Friday" sale this week? Thanks for your consideration and fun software!

Scott Robuck
G-Force purchased 2/24/15

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

piconut wrote:
FrankN wrote: We've been talking a few times over the past couple weeks, and I've offered you a 50% discount each time.
Hi FrankN, sorry for the thread drift here but I tried to PM you and it has been "disabled on this forum." I'm a G-Force Platinum owner and have been waiting patiently in hopes of a 50% off WhiteCap Platinum license for those of us who have already purchased one of your other licenses. Just wondering if you could email me a discount code or are planning on offering a "Black Friday" sale this week? Thanks for your consideration and fun software!

Scott Robuck
G-Force purchased 2/24/15
hi piconut

FrankN is no longer with SS. He has been replaced by SS_Bran

Try opening a new support ticket and see if it shakes things up.

I'm sure BTT will email Mr. Bran and let him know of your dilemma.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello piconut

Please click on the link below and open a support ticket.

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT