Where is Standalone; how to designate configs

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

cmartin

Where is Standalone; how to designate configs

Post by cmartin »

I have installed free version of WhiteCap on WinXP SP1. I use QCD player. Works fine within QCD.

Where is the standalone? Search of entire hard drive for 'Whitecap.exe' or similar file only finds the DLL.

If the standalone version is not included in free version (the docs 'seem' to suggest this, though not clearly), can I use different configs to affect its operation within QCD since QCD it doesn't pass keystrokes? In other words, can I exert any control over the visualizations (via configs, boot file) when using as a QCD plug-in?
Chris

dklr

Post by dklr »

You can use your own configs and stuff, but you won't be able to use the "CTRL X.txt" kind of scripts.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

disilvapattahk wrote:How do I get rid of it? I don't use it, but it still shows up in my visualizer menu.
You uninstall it.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

You'll need to purchase the Platinum version to get the Standalone.

Any of our standalone visualizers are nearly universally compatible with media players, including streaming audio! Pandora, Spotify, and Last.fm all work with SoundSpectrum's software. And, if you want to use an aux-in port with your instruments or a microphone, our standalone visualizer will work with that, too! Enjoy!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Frank

Missed this part:-
I have installed free version of WhiteCap on WinXP SP1
Interested in compatible with Spotify, I use this site, but Spotify does not show up in the list?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Yes, BTT, cmartin will need to purchase the Platinum version to get the Standalone visualizer.

The Standalone visualizer works very well with the Spotify webplayer and desktop application! Check it out!

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Frank

Have used Spotify before it crossed the pond to the US. I stream audio but how do I link this to G-Force?. Anyone interested in good music Spotify is I believe the best source.
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Frank

Thunderbirds are GO!!! - G-Force and Spotify are now friends, the problem was a Human Input Error.
Regards BTT

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

That's great! Good luck against The Hood, Thunderbirds!