tearing issue

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

neyel8r

tearing issue

Post by neyel8r »

i've noticed that a few scenes in Aeon 3.4 are suffering from a tearing issue, much like something you might see in a pc game with v-sync turned off... is there some way i can enable vsync for Aeon in my prefs file or otherwise?

edit: well, i changed vsync from "use the 3d application setting" to "on" in my nvidia control panel & it seems to have resolved the issue for 1 of the scenes...
Last edited by neyel8r on Mon May 27, 2013 4:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf »

Set the target from-rate to 60 fps and that should hopefully disappear. The default setting is 50 so that might be the issue for you.

There would be no need for Vsync since you can already limit the fps you want. As long as your PC can keep up and if it couldn't vsync wouldn't help much either as it would have to drop to 30fps when it couldn't hit 60 resulting in massive frame drops.

neyel8r

Post by neyel8r »

thx for the reply... i already have the target frame rate set to 60 in Aeon settings but i'm still seeing tearing in the scene with the 3d twisting rings that looks kinda like a slinky, if you know what i mean... here's a screenshot:

of course, the tearing is not showing up in the snap, but that's the scene i most notably continue to see the tearing in

edit: it appears that this issue only occurs in full screen mode

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello neyel8r

Have deleted your Avatar and your screenshot as they were distorting the forum pages. Maybe you could submit a smaller screenshot and avatar.

Regards BTT

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf »

I'd turn on the show FPS and then try the scene and keep an eye on it just to see if its dropping below 60.

What resolution are you running AEON ?

Are you running AEON in its highest setting?

I know the scene and don't have that issue with it.

At least your only getting it in 1 scene and not all the time.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hey guys!

In case you haven't seen it yet, the new Aeon beta deals with the tearing issue. Andy worked really hard on this, so we'd love to get some feedback from you ASAP on our support ticket site (https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html).

To download the beta installer, go to the URL below, and add yourself to the beta tester's list. You must be a Platinum license holder. Then, download the installer as normal, but choose the "(Beta)" download link.

- https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/beta_list.html

Look forward to hearing from you!