Aeon scenes

Discussion forum for Aeon users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Baldufa

Aeon scenes

Post by Baldufa »

How I delete the scenes that I don't like?

juxtiphi

Re: Aeon scenes

Post by juxtiphi »

Baldufa wrote:How I delete the scenes that I don't like?
You can customize Aeon So you dont have to delete any scenes but if thats the way you want to go find out what the scene name is and then look in your program files for the sound spectrum folder, Look in the Aeon folder and then look in the folder named HOME for the folder named scenes look inside for the scene then delete it.

It will return when you update or re-install Aeon
Last edited by juxtiphi on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cwoolrich

Post by cwoolrich »

It is not always easy to find the name of the scene. Based on experience, as an user from version 1, the three scenes I always delete when upgrading are
Veins (which is a leaf), Sakura Tree (which is a tree dropping leaves) and Noxious (which is is just smoke). That is just my preference.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Pressing 'l' (as in the letter that comes after 'k') or SHIFT + D should give you the names of Scenes.

The Home folder is no longer used. Go to Packages and then Aeon.Scene.package.

You can also simply create a custom Theme that does not include these Scenes. This will be maintained between updates.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All
cwoolrich wrote:.....the three scenes I always delete when upgrading are
Veins (which is a leaf), Sakura Tree (which is a tree dropping leaves) and Noxious (which is is just smoke). That is just my preference.
I have never been able to understand why the above Scenes are included in what is an Audio Visualisation program.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Baldufa

Post by Baldufa »

Thanks,but customize scenes not work.When the scene deleted appears show black screen and crash mediaplayer

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Baldufa wrote:Thanks,but customize scenes not work.When the scene deleted appears show black screen and crash mediaplayer
Can you be more specific?

did you create a custom theme or did you delete the scene from the program folder?

If you created a theme and it crashed your media player there could be an issue with the theme editor or if you deleted the scene from the folder it may have caused a problem within Aeon.

If you deleted the scene from the folder and your player crashed then deleting unwanted scenes is not a viable option

Baldufa

Post by Baldufa »

Scene>scenes category>edit>deleted 3 scenes>settings>start up theme>custom theme-

restart J.river mediacenter 19 & crash.

Windows 8.1 64 bits.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

Baldufa wrote:Scene>scenes category>edit>deleted 3 scenes>settings>start up theme>custom theme-

restart J.river mediacenter 19 & crash.

Windows 8.1 64 bits.
Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe there is a bug in the theme editor.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

It's definitely interesting that you crash JRiver by starting in a custom Theme, is that consistent behavior? I will attempt to reproduce it on my own machine.

Editing a Custom Category is not automatically a part of a Custom Theme. Make sure to include it in your Theme.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

So far, I've been unable to reproduce this error. If anyone else has this issue, write a support request (https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html) and let me know.

Baldufa, if you're able to reproduce this issue, please fill out a support request as well.

Baldufa

Post by Baldufa »

Thanks FrankN.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

C \ Program Files \ SoundSpectrum \ Aeon \ Packages \ Aeon Scene Package and remove the complete contents of the folder with the name of the scene you do not like to a new folder titled something like 'Unwanted Scenes'
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

jochew

Post by jochew »

Some of those visuals are my favorites. I wish even more visualizations would come out. I'd be happy to pay for them.

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Thanks for the suggestion, JoChew! Although, learning to program for Aeon is easy! I'd suggest looking into it.

-http://www.soundspectrum.com/aeon/Docum ... anvas.html

User LordYue learned how to do everything in a few weeks, and had his WaveShapes added to the next version of WhiteCap!