Platinum demo?? & license limitations?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

tatster

Platinum demo?? & license limitations?

Post by tatster »

Hi all,

I'm looking purchasing the platinum edition of G-Force, but I've got a couple of questions before I do.

What I am hoping to achieve is visuals being displayed on a second screen/projector outputted from my laptop. My first option I think is to run the Standalone app, alongside my DJ-1800 software with some hijacking out the sound output to feed into G-Force. Is this possible?

The second question follows on if the above doesn't work. What I think I could do in this scenario is to have a second laptop just for running G-force and split my sound signal from my DJ laptop (Mac) to the PA and also the Line-In on 2nd laptop to feed G-Force Standalone.

Are there any limits to transferring a platinum license from a Mac to a Windows machine??

If there was a demo of the platinum edition available I could try all of these things out, so I'm hoping for a bit of guidance please.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

keycompton
Site Admin

Re: Platinum demo?? & license limitations?

Post by keycompton »

tatster wrote: My first option I think is to run the Standalone app, alongside my DJ-1800 software with some hijacking out the sound output to feed into G-Force. Is this possible?
If you are using a Windows computer, you can use Standalone to capture the on-board sound card info and then use G-Force Standalone to visualize your output, but if you want full screen mode on a secondary display, you will have to use a second computer and/or place G-Force Standalone into windowed mode (rather than full screen mode, but this may not be an issue if you can zoom or overscan your secondary display - every display device and driver seems to offer different capabilities). If you are using a Mac, G-Force Standalone can't pickup the on-board sound info from Mac OS X, but I believe there is some shareware out there by the name of SoundFlower that may help to fix this.
tatster wrote:The second question follows on if the above doesn't work. What I think I could do in this scenario is to have a second laptop just for running G-force and split my sound signal from my DJ laptop (Mac) to the PA and also the Line-In on 2nd laptop to feed G-Force Standalone.
This is probably the better way to go give the full screen issues mentioned above.
tatster wrote:Are there any limits to transferring a platinum license from a Mac to a Windows machine??
The biggest limitation you should be aware of is that G-Force Gold and G-Force Platinum are licensed strictly for personal use only. If you are using G-Force in a commercial environment (e.g. you are being paid to DJ an event) then you must contact SoundSpectrum (use the contact form within the support section of the main web site) about obtaining a commercial license. This being said, G-Force Platinum comes with both Mac and Windows version and you can indeed install onto both platforms provided they are both for your own use.
tatster wrote:If there was a demo of the platinum edition available I could try all of these things out, so I'm hoping for a bit of guidance please.
Sorry, but the free trial is all there is in the way of "free" trials. This being said, it sounds like G-Force Platinum should fit your needs for testing purposes.