ERRORCODE 18

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

mrpixar

ERRORCODE 18

Post by mrpixar »

Hello --
I an a licensed owner of Whitecap Plat., G-Force Plat. and SoftSkies Plat. and recently got a new computer that have vista ultimate on it (jury's still out for me on that topic). However, when I installed the applications I almost immediately started getting the following error:

The Error

Ok, so I reinstalled and the problem goes away only to return 24-48 hours later predictably. I read the following thread but had no luck.

The Thread

Can I get an update as to whether the developers think they have addressed this bug or not? And if not when? I cannot keep reinstalling this thing every day or two.

Thanks!

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

as i understand it when you run a 32 bit program on a 64 bit machine there is what has been called an emulsion layer which creates a 32 bit registry, this emulsion layer tricks the 64 bit registry into thinking the 32 bit program is a 64 bit.

I think this is why there are many bugs with vista, I'm sticking with xp for the foreseeable future

mrpixar

Post by mrpixar »

Yes. It's called thunking (at least at the bit level), but it does not explain why the product works fine for about 24 hours and then displays the error as shown in my previous post. Can someone like Andy chime in and let me know if this is something being looked at, or did I waste 75 bucks (Whitecap plat, G-force plat, and softskies plat)?

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

mrpixar wrote:Yes. It's called thunking (at least at the bit level), but it does not explain why the product works fine for about 24 hours and then displays the error as shown in my previous post. Can someone like Andy chime in and let me know if this is something being looked at, or did I waste 75 bucks (Whitecap plat, G-force plat, and softskies plat)?

I have sent Andy an email asking him to check out your problem .

It usually takes a few days to get an answer, hang tight for a few more days.

If nothing comes from it you can open a support ticket with soundspectrum

the link is here

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html

send them a detailed report concerning your problem and if you feel they cannot help you I am sure you can get a refund.

andy55
Site Admin

Re: ERRORCODE 18

Post by andy55 »

mrpixar wrote:Hello --
I an a licensed owner of Whitecap Plat., G-Force Plat. and SoftSkies Plat. and recently got a new computer that have vista ultimate on it (jury's still out for me on that topic). However, when I installed the applications I almost immediately started getting the following error:

The Error

Ok, so I reinstalled and the problem goes away only to return 24-48 hours later predictably. I read the following thread but had no luck.
You didn't mention it, but first download and install the latest release version of G-Force (3.9). After that, assuming you still see the problem, please open a new ticket in our support system. Opening a ticket allows us to track your problem and get back to you in a timely fashion (also be sure to include a link/URL this this thread for reference to save you time).

Also, please do the following after installing 3.9:

1) Start G-Force Standalone
2) Press SHIFT+i (a text file SoundSpectrum Log.txt will be saved to your desktop)
3) Copy and paste that text data into your new ticket.

Thanks,
Andy

P.S. As always, thanks juxtiphi for your help and support of fellow SoundSpectrum users!

mrpixar

Post by mrpixar »

Thanks guys! I've downloaded the new g-force (3.9) and new whitecap (5.2) a few days ago. I could not find a newer softskies than what I have and I am not sure of the version number off the top of my head.

However, I still have not encountered the error 18 issue since installing the newer versions. If it happens again I'll certainly create a ticket. I hadn't actually thought of that idea (so thanks for it) ... I assumed the forums were the "place to go" :-)

Thanks for you help guys! :wink: