problem with winter fun pack 2004

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

ER!K

problem with winter fun pack 2004

Post by ER!K »

I'be just downloaded the winter fun pack 2004,
and now I want to change my visualisation, but I can't!

when I click the right mouse button, I can't select other visualisations!! :shock:
I only see some information about WhiteCap.

can somebody help me?

juxtiphi

Re: problem with winter fun pack 2004

Post by juxtiphi »

ER!K wrote:I'be just downloaded the winter fun pack 2004,
and now I want to change my visualisation, but I can't!

when I click the right mouse button, I can't select other visualisations!! :shock:
I only see some information about WhiteCap.

can somebody help me?
I 'm not entirely sure but I dont think the older configs for WC work with the new version.

I know some of the extra configs for GF dont really work too well with the newer versions.

remove the fun pack and see what happens.
Last edited by juxtiphi on Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayPro

Post by JayPro »

Jux;

You're correct in both assumptions.

The config syntax for WhiteCap 5> effects are different to reflect the newer visual layout of the application. The Fun Pack 2004 will work with WC v4.7.4.

Many of the G-Force configs bundled in the Contributors' section--especially the WaveShapes--might not work because the confi syntax for *them* pre-date GF 3.1. For instance, the WaveShapes, as I cited, need something called Meta values to work correctly under the present operating conditions (to wit, the VectorC engine). The only other thing I can suggest (if some of the Extras aren't working as they should) is to check the syntax and look for deprecated functions that can be updated (e.g. trunc instead of trnc, clamp instead of clip).
"God is syntax."

apb2390

Post by apb2390 »

if you're using window media player, go to : Now Playing :arrow: Visualizations :arrow: And select the Viz you want. :)
osht, spork hurt pirate muffin D:

lenamm

Post by lenamm »

I did not see an answer to the question of not being able to change visualations after downloading this package. It also locks up my computer. I cannot delete the Winter Fun 2004 from my computer. There is not an uninstall and it is not in ADD & REMOVE. Please tell me how to get it out of my computer.

juxtiphi

Post by juxtiphi »

lenamm wrote:I did not see an answer to the question of not being able to change visualations after downloading this package. It also locks up my computer. I cannot delete the Winter Fun 2004 from my computer. There is not an uninstall and it is not in ADD & REMOVE. Please tell me how to get it out of my computer.
reinstall it restart your comp and then uninstall it

lenamm

Post by lenamm »

That worked. Thanks. I had to reinstall Windows Media Player, because I
still could not change the visualizations, but all is good now. Thanks again.
Lena