What am I paying for?

Discussion forum for WhiteCap users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

jerohm

Re: What am I paying for?

Post by jerohm »

Hey Brian
hope you are doing okay. If this is IT, and installation requires licensing validation, what happens when THAT fails to work (i.e. the whole site just disappears)?? I hope they address this situation before they completely abandon ship. Even though I haven't written any new code in a while, I spend much more time actually watching nowadaze [SIC]. I would miss it.

Very sad indeed.
be good....
jrm

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Jim

Doing OK thanks, hope you are too. That's a good question and an important one - I will contact Brandon to attempt to get an answer which I will post back here, it's not easy getting a response from him these days.

Take care...
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello All

Have sent Brandon another email today, 14th December.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

ozbeats

Post by ozbeats »

Hi All,

Thing is.... SS put Visualizer licensees on hold for Tunr, and when that didn't take off on the one platform it was designed for (Apple),
then SS moved right on to working on developing PLAN and we (licensees) took the back seat again.

For the dozens or hundreds of personal license holders let alone commercial customers we have become LAST priority.....
No clarity, no insight, lacking honesty and direction.....

If anything the site feels like a segway for promotion leading straight to PLAN and Tunr,
I can only imagine they have been so rewarding let alone profitable....?

You can only milk a plastic cows teats so much, eventually somethings going to snap.... and it's bound to make a horrible mess.
If the visualizers had been kept updated regularly, social media and word of mouth alone could easily have attracted 100s of new customers.

My thoughts,

Alf

iflip92

Post by iflip92 »

Hello,
No need to buy new licenses every year unless you're new to the product. I used my 2020 WhiteCap license on a fresh Windows installation today and it worked. (My old 2019 licence didn't though). Tbh since they don't care any more I might share my licence with everyone if more than 5 people are unable to use WhiteCap. After all these years I still love WhiteCap and wish it continued being updated or became fully standalone but with expanded audio device detection for external DACs. I'd pay money for the source code if I could so I can edit myself and make the changes.