G-Force not working?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

redrooster

G-Force not working?

Post by redrooster »

I cant get G-Force to work on my Win 10 64 bit desktop. It used to work a few years ago on this computer but now for some reason, it doesn't appear when I click on it? The toolbar and other stuff are there, is there somewhere I can enter my code number or whatever to get it going again?

BTT
Administrator

Re: G-Force not working?

Post by BTT »

Hello redrooster

The only time you are asked to enter your activation code is when you install G-Force, have you uninstalled the program and recently re-installed?
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

jerohm

Post by jerohm »

do you use multiple displays? You will have problems if you close/quit G-Force on a display that is no longer available when you try to restart it. I have an switched HDMI line to my TV, for source select (Computer1, Computer2, Cable, DVD). If this is your issue, just make sure the display is attached (seen by the computer), and try to start G-Force. It is best to close G-Force with its window running on the primary display if your environment is subject to change (configurable). It is NOT impossible that the startup coordinates get corrupted when shutdown, but I haven't seen that in a long time.

johnjuan

Post by johnjuan »

I also have a problem with GForce not working recently after it has been for many years. I am not seeing any visualizations in WMP. I choose GForce, but the screen remains black. I have uninstalled both WMP and GForce but the problem is still there. Gforce works fine with my Itunes and the stand alone player, but nothing in WMP. Any suggestions?

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

I was about to refer you to SoundSpectrum Support, however, the page is currently not available. It should be back up in a couple of days.
Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Have been in contact with SoundSpectrum who assure me to ignore the warning page when you click on the link below where you can contact SoundSpectrum Support.

https://www.soundspectrum.com/support/
Regards BTT

seqnzer

Post by seqnzer »

Same here, Win 10 64bit and the platinum G-force gives Error code=20.

I did some research, found that Bonjour can create conflicts so I uninstalled it though I didn't have Itunes installed. Reinstalled G-force, it gave error=13. Uninstalled and then installed the free version which works great.

It appears my platinum license has expired for some reason. I posted some clips with tags and references to SS on instagram a while back which I was told to take down.. hopefully that didn't influence this situation.

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

SoundSpectrum have been made aware of this problem and will be posting a reply soon.
Regards BTT

b.dwall
SoundSpectrum

Post by b.dwall »

Appreciate your patience, this is a known bug with WMP on Windows 10. I let the developer know about the issue. In the meantime, the Standalone application is going strong. If you have Gold, write to me via our support ticket system and I will upgrade you to Platinum for free as an incentive for you to stop using / being MSFT products. https://soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
SoundSpectrum.com | PLAN.tools | ArtIsInFormation.org