How do you control the text and artwork size?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Beat-Breaker

How do you control the text and artwork size?

Post by Beat-Breaker »

Hello In my last version of Aeon (and G Force and Whitecap), I used to edit the preferences.txt file as follows:

Text.Font = "Arial"
Text.Size = 36
CoverArt.SizeLimit.Height = 250
CoverArt.SizeLimit.Width = 250

You can set the font, the exact size and then the artwork to the exact size you want.

In the new version, this is no longer working.... and when you change the values from the menu, the artwork size seems linked to the text size you pick with no option to change it... grrrr

I've asked Tech Support, got 3 really weird answers that made no sense and now I don't even get a reply when I ask them to explain!

So I'm hoping that someone on the forums will know how to do this in the latest versions.

Whitecap still works by editing the text file, G Force and Aeon no longer do.

HELP!! :-)

thanks a lot

juxtiphi

Re: How do you control the text and artwork size?

Post by juxtiphi »

Beat-Breaker wrote:Hello In my last version of Aeon (and G Force and Whitecap), I used to edit the preferences.txt file as follows:

Text.Font = "Arial"
Text.Size = 36

You can set the font, the exact size and then the artwork to the exact size you want.

In the new version, this is no longer working.... and when you change the values from the menu, the artwork size seems linked to the text size you pick with no option to change it... grrrr

I've asked Tech Support, got 3 really weird answers that made no sense and now I don't even get a reply when I ask them to explain!

So I'm hoping that someone on the forums will know how to do this in the latest versions.

Whitecap still works by editing the text file, G Force and Aeon no longer do.

HELP!! :-)

thanks a lot
Hi Beat breaker

it might be a good idea to post the responses you got here in this thread, its possible that a member here will understand what they meant and be able to explain it better.

Beat-Breaker

Post by Beat-Breaker »

I understand them, they are just nonsense and not at all helpful!

For example, I stated that I wanted to change the text size and artwork independently and explained that their current system of the artwork size changing according to which text size you pick didn't work for me...and their reply was "you can adjust the text size to change the artwork size"

errr - I just said that I need to change them independently.... !!! If I change the text size to get the right artwork size then the text size is not right anymore is it!!! .... c'mon it's not rocket science :-)

Another email was to tell me the person who knew was away..... they made some sketchy suggestion that didn't work! That person never seems to have returned to work as I've never had this question answered....

The very simple request is:
--> Can I adjust the artwork and text sizes independently like I used to be able to do in the older versions by editing the pref file?

Surely there is someone at Soundspectrum, perhaps the person that wrote the code that must know :-)

And more likely some forums memers :-)

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hello,

Thanks for writing. The person you spoke to was probably me, and the person who was away from work was the guy who wrote the software, Andy O'Meara. I apologize for your frustrations, and I'm sorry you slipped through the cracks. We get a lot of support requests every day, and I dedicate as much time as I can to each and every one of them. The past month has been especially tough considering that we announced G-Force 5, and found a huge demand for it. Still, I apologize for missing your email.

To change the font, simply set the pref UT.Font = "Arial". If I ever misunderstand your support request, feel free to clarify. So far, I do not believe there is a way to independently set the text size and artwork. But, I'm not familiar with the scripting language yet. Please, let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you. Enjoy G-Force! :D

Beat-Breaker

Post by Beat-Breaker »

FrankN wrote:So far, I do not believe there is a way to independently set the text size and artwork. But, I'm not familiar with the scripting language yet.
Hello Frank - ok... so here we go again.... :-)

Either there is or there isn't! You don't seem to "know enough about the scripting language".... so can you ask someone who does please!!??

I'm sorry to sound blunt.... but really this should be a 30 second technical request!!!

1) you ask the guy that wrote the code
2) he will say yes here is the info or no it's not possible
3) You let me know

Now, please could you ask this one simple question :-)

Many many thanks for a clear and speedy answer

FrankN

Post by FrankN »

Hello again,

I apologize if it wasn't clear to you, I just didn't want to rule out the possibility that someone had found some kind of work-around. It's not possible to change the size of the artwork and the text independent of each other.

What do you want to change the sizes independently for? Are you working on something? We would love to help you out.

Beat-Breaker

Post by Beat-Breaker »

FrankN wrote:What do you want to change the sizes independently for? Are you working on something? We would love to help you out.
As I've already said several times, I want to change the artwork and text to a specific size (like I used to be able to do with your G Force, Aeon and Whitecap). Your preset sizes are rubbish!!! The artwork is too big when set at medium, too small when set as small.... and the text size that goes with these sizes is far away from how I want it.

Please re-instate the script to do this.

In the meantime can you please post / email / message me with download links for the older versions of your software that DOES allow the artwork and text size to be set independently as I will uninstall the latest versions and re-install these older versions.

thanks

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Beat-Breaker

I have Windows XP, Winamp, and G-Force 5.1.1 setup to do exactly what you want to do. Which media player are you using?

MOVED TO THE G-FORCE FORUM

Regards BTT

Beat-Breaker

Post by Beat-Breaker »

BTT wrote:Hello Beat-Breaker

I have Windows XP, Winamp, and G-Force 5.1.1 setup to do exactly what you want to do. Which media player are you using?

MOVED TO THE G-FORCE FORUM

Regards BTT
Hello

I was previously using the following script added to the pref file

Text.Font = "Arial"
Text.Size = 36

..and so I could set the artwork size, and the text size independently.
In the latest versions of G Force Aeon and Whitecap the artwork is linked to the text size and you only have 4 options (s,m,l,xl). None of the combinations are similar to my previous layout.

So if you know how to do this in the latest versions I'd love to know!
Sound Spectrum say it can't be done.
Seems a backward step to me.... you had thousands of combinations.... now you have 4!!!

cheers for taking the time to reply :-)

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Beat-Breaker

Shut down G-Force, and your media player first.

Open the Preferences file.

Add the following two lines to the prefs file (anywhere as long as they are together:-

CoverArt.SizeLimit.Width = 250 (You choose the size.)

The following two lines need to be included if not already present:-

Text.Font = "Arial"
Text.Size = 36

SoundSpectrum say it can't be done. Well, yes it can.

Seems a backward step to me.... and, not the only one.

Regards BTT

Beat-Breaker

Post by Beat-Breaker »

Shut down G-Force, and your media player first.

Open the Preferences file.

Add the following two lines to the prefs file (anywhere as long as they are together:-

CoverArt.SizeLimit.Width = 250 (You choose the size.)

The following two lines need to be included if not already present:-

Text.Font = "Arial"
Text.Size = 36

SoundSpectrum say it can't be done. Well, yes it can.

Seems a backward step to me.... and, not the only one.

Regards BTT

That's what I have been doing, but on the latest versions it doesn't work anymore....

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Beat-Breaker

Trust me, it works on my setup.

Could you copy/paste your preferences file, which media player are you using?

Regards BTT

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Beat-Breaker

Forgot the most important bit.

Open the Preferences txt file, and look for this line: UI.Enabled = 1

Change this to 0 - This stops the UI loading when G-Force starts - if you must use the UI once G-Force is running just left click anywhere on the screen. There are a couple other things you can customise including what appears in Track Text.

Regards BTT

Beat-Breaker

Post by Beat-Breaker »

Change this to 0 - This stops the UI loading when G-Force starts - if you must use the UI once G-Force is running just left click anywhere on the screen. There are a couple other things you can customise including what appears in Track Text.

Regards BTT

hello, I'm not at home right now but will check and let you know....

cheers

Beat-Breaker

Post by Beat-Breaker »

Regards BTT

Hello - this didn't work.....

I am using G Force 5.1.1 and used the script you suggested (which was same as I was already using).
The font is recognised as is the text size, but then then it automatically selects the artwork size based on the font size you put in the script.

I tried the same thing with the latest Whitecap 6.1 and exact same issue
I tried same thing with the latest Aeon 3.5.2 and exact same issue.

Basically the artwork size is ignored in all 3 visualizers and the artwork size is based on the text size you put in the script.

My player is JRiver Media Centre
I tired using Windows Media Player and get exact same behaviour.

Not sure why yours is "working" - perhaps it's just that the artwork size you want happens to be the artwork size that is selected by default when you select your font and text size. When I select font = 36 I get artwork which is same as selecting MEDIUM from the text size menu. I cannot change this artwork size!

Any ideas?

thanks