iMic use on Mac Mini

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Hambone

iMic use on Mac Mini

Post by Hambone »

I'm using a Mac Mini for G-Force standalone. The Mini doesn't have an audio input, so I'm using a Griffin iMic.

However, G-Force won't 'hear' the iMic audio input. I'm sure it was working before on my iBook.

Audio apps that have an audio monitoring option can hear the iMic input. Why can't G-Force standalone hear it? I know it worked before. Has something changed on later G-Force releases?

Edit: I talked to a Griffin techie. The iMic audio is not at system level, so it needs a receiving application to 'monitor' the audio input to receive it. Can G-Force standalone not do this?

Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Anyone? Mods?

gorus

Post by gorus »

There should be no difference between the iBook and the mini when it comes to iMic. We've used the iMic on a variety of Macs over the years--great product.

Can you control the iMic volume level/etc. in System Prefs?

What happens when you press SHIFT A in G-Force Standalone to cycle through the various audio inputs? What choices do you get?

Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Weird... selecting the iMic in the toolbar audio input source doesn't work, but Shift-A selecting directly in standalone works.

Thanks!

andy55
Site Admin

Post by andy55 »

Hambone wrote:Weird... selecting the iMic in the toolbar audio input source doesn't work, but Shift-A selecting directly in standalone works.
I can't seem to reproduce this over here, so if you figure out a way to reproduce it, please let me know. Every change the audio source in the toolbar seems to be carried out by the engine. Let me know if there's a contributing factor that maybe you're doing but I'm not.

Thanks,
Andy