Display other tag fields (YEAR) etc.

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

pcaffalldavis

Display other tag fields (YEAR) etc.

Post by pcaffalldavis »

I want to display the song's YEAR!

As soon as you make other tag fields available for display I'll purchase gold. I've just started looking over G-Force and like it quite a lot, but we need to be able to set all the possible variable fields from the player so we can display them (or not) on screen along with the title, or at different times.

PASS TAG FIELD VARIABLES is my #1 request and it seems this topic has been asked before with no reply from Andy for over a year!

Nice work so far... but it needs this feature.

I use GF with Media Monkey. Every song in my music database has a carefully researched year attached. And yes, I have more than a few thousand songs. To me the year is more important than the album name... And no, I don't want to move the year into the album name field.

I've looked through the pref's, the boot files, startups and the title texts and don't find any place that clearly identifies where the song's variables are passed to G-Force. If this is something we can already configure, then please do tell how it's done. Once this is known I'll upgrade and become a big supporter.

Thanks,

Pete

markofkane

Post by markofkane »

Maybe you should have posted this in "What features do you want in G-Force" thread.

Great idea for more variables..

pcaffalldavis

Post by pcaffalldavis »

I didn't post it in the what features you want thread because I can't believe it is not available in the current editions. Clearly the program get's tag fields from MM, so I figure it might just be a matter of modification of or alteration to which fields GF grabs.

BTW... How come so many postings in these forums have none or only one reply without any from a moderator. Is the moderator around any more? Some of these questions are over a year old and still have not been answered. Not mad, just asking if posting here is worth the wait for a moderator reply.

Pete

Toby

Post by Toby »

The two moderators are JayPro and Andy O'Meara... JayPro is just one us, another guy like you and me, who has taken it upon his shoulders the task of helping to keep this board in order. Andy is the creator of and the brain behind G-Force, and programer who does all of the work of reprogramming to bring his software child to maturity. Would you rather have him spending all of his time answering dumb-assed questions or working toward improving G-Force, all for that lousy $10 that you, like a lot of other cheapskates, are unwilling to pay for Gold. Why don't you pass on three of your Big-Mac meals this month, send in your $10, and maybe he can afford to hire someone to moderate this board and answer your questions, instead of relying on a good-hearted user. Take care.

Pete in Hyder

Displaying Year in TrackText

Post by Pete in Hyder »

Well, I'm back looking for an answer to the same question after 12 years. I've been a platinum user back then and renewed again yesterday. Running GF 5.5 on Win 10. How does one modify the script to display the YEAR as well as the title, album and artist.

Pete

BTT
Administrator

Re: Displaying Year in TrackText

Post by BTT »

Hello Pete in Hyder
Pete in Hyder wrote:How does one modify the script to display the YEAR as well as the title, album and artist.
You don't. The track info code is built into the G-Force program itself.
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

Pete in Hyder

Displaying Year in TrackText

Post by Pete in Hyder »

Thank you BTT

I suppose I could always add the year to the end of the Album data. At least that way the year info will display.

I have one other question. Should I start a new thread? Using GF 5.5 on Win 10 with MM.

GF is passing keystrokes to MM. When I press A & S for last/next wave shape the S passes to MM causing it to Stop. Pressing S in MM does nothing, and MM has no global Hot Keys.

Is there some way to stop GF from passing thr S keystroke to the M player? Why is this happening?

Peter in Hyder

BTT
Administrator

Post by BTT »

Hello Pete in Hyder

You need to open a support ticket with SoundSpectrum who will do their very best to resolve the problem.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/support/contact.html
Regards BTT

ColorMap Creator for G-Force and Aeon --- SoundSpectrum Forum Administrator.

cwoolrich

Post by cwoolrich »

when I edit my tags in MP3tag program the date shows up.