Little goodies from older GForce versions...

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

Mad Sentinel

Little goodies from older GForce versions...

Post by Mad Sentinel »

Been a (quiet) GForce user since waaaay back around 2K1 or thereabouts. I may have even had an older 1.something, but in all honesty, I can't remember.

Anyway, very happy to shell out $10 to keep my only visualizer alive.

Couple of quickies regarding Prefs:

In an older version, I vaguely remember being able to determine whether the Artist or Track Name was displyed on top in the Track text. Is that a script thing, or is that tweakable at all?

Also, text used to be easy to get multiple instances to appear on screen, some of which would drift (maybe with a flow field...?)

Again, are these things possible through scripting, or are there straight Prefs variable macros that can set this, or am I way off base?

Much thanks.

andy55
Site Admin

Re: Little goodies from older GForce versions...

Post by andy55 »

Mad Sentinel wrote:Been a (quiet) GForce user since waaaay back around 2K1 or thereabouts. I may have even had an older 1.something, but in all honesty, I can't remember.

In an older version, I vaguely remember being able to determine whether the Artist or Track Name was displyed on top in the Track text. Is that a script thing, or is that tweakable at all?

Also, text used to be easy to get multiple instances to appear on screen, some of which would drift (maybe with a flow field...?)

Much thanks.
Find and edit the "Track Text.txt" sprite in the "(Non-Auto)" sprite folder.

Search for _KILL_TRACK_TEXT and you find a "KillSpritres()". Just remove that call and existing instances won't go away when you make a new one.

andy