Short and Sweet Question: */commenting out/* in .map files

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

JayPro

Short and Sweet Question: */commenting out/* in .map files

Post by JayPro »

Is this necessary, just as it is with regular RGB/HSV files? I honestly haven't dealt with them often enough to answer this in my own mind. And I just DL'ed a pretty decent mapmaking program I use whenever I'm in Virtual PC.
"God is syntax."

ethan_greer

Post by ethan_greer »

I can't answer your question, sorry. My only suggestion would be to check out how it's done in the other MAP files that come with G-Force and follow their example.

I wouldn't mind checking out the map-making software you mention. What's it called?

JayPro

Post by JayPro »

Ethan;

Of the *many* .map files I have, some (like a few of Ted's) are commented out simply for authorship. I have seen some where there's no comment-out. The vast majority I have, though, have no comments...just the 3-column, 256 row number sequence.

I've tried to find the name of the app I made them with. I even have a few lame example files, but somehow I can't find the damn thing. VPC I think has seen fit to take it off my desktop or hide it somewhere.

I *hate* Windows/Microsoft.
"God is syntax."

andy55
Site Admin

Re: Short and Sweet Question: */commenting out/* in .map fil

Post by andy55 »

JayPro wrote:Is this necessary, just as it is with regular RGB/HSV files? I honestly haven't dealt with them often enough to answer this in my own mind. And I just DL'ed a pretty decent mapmaking program I use whenever I'm in Virtual PC.

Please note, C-style block comments start with /* and end with */ (not the other way arounf). Also, comments can't be used in MAP files in any way.

JayPro

Re: Short and Sweet Question: */commenting out/* in .map fil

Post by JayPro »

andy55 wrote:
JayPro wrote:Is this necessary, just as it is with regular RGB/HSV files? I honestly haven't dealt with them often enough to answer this in my own mind. And I just DL'ed a pretty decent mapmaking program I use whenever I'm in Virtual PC.
Please note, C-style block comments start with /* and end with */ (not the other way arounf).

Heh...I *meant* that... :oops: :wink:
"God is syntax."