disable trachinfo?

Discussion forum for G-Force users

Moderators: BTT, andy55, b.dwall, juxtiphi

colmans

disable trachinfo?

Post by colmans »

hi!

is it possible to disable the trackinfo on the screen? i don't want to show it, if the track has changed...

colmans

JayPro

Post by JayPro »

Welcome aboard and sorry for the delay in responding.

Assuming it's kosher to do this, I pasted the following from the Boot.txt in the G-Force folder, It essentially shows how you can do what you propose. Admittedly, I'm not a scripting maven; so unfortunately I can't answer this as if it were second nature.

Anyway:

// We can use macros to maintain multiple copies of the same snippet easily. (It's used in BindEvent() below
// and the key-press binding that start track text. Suppose you always prefer the track text as an overlay -- you
// can just change the code below to always call StartTrackOverlay() even if there isn't cover art.
// Or, for example, suppose you never want track text -- just get rid of the whole last if/else block
// and make this macro an empty string. Also, try experimenting by putting
// the name of anther provided track sprite (ex, "Track Text (Bottom Left)" ). The quotes get a little
// crazy, but just think C: we define a string macro specifying a sprite name and use that a C preprocessor
// will turn adjacent quote-delimited strings into a single string (ex, "abc" "xyz" "123" becomes "abcxyz123").
#define _TRACK_TEXT_SPRITE_NAME "Track Text"

#define _KILL_TRACK_TEXT " \
/* Kill any running track text overlays or sprites... */ \
KillSprites( \""_TRACK_TEXT_SPRITE_NAME"\", false ); \
KillOverlay( SS_OVERLAY_ID_TRACK_TEXT ); \
KillOverlay( SS_OVERLAY_ID_TRACK_COVER_ART );"

#define _START_TRACK_TEXT " \
/* If cover art is available, use it--otherwise, use a text sprite. */ \
if ( CoverArtAvailable() ) { \
StartTrackOverlay( GetPref( PREF_TRACK_TEXT_DURATION ), 3 ); \
} \
else { \
StartSprite( \""_TRACK_TEXT_SPRITE_NAME"\", GetPref( PREF_TRACK_TEXT_DURATION ) + 3 ); \
}"
Hope this helps.
"God is syntax."

sleeper

Post by sleeper »

I went to the gforce directory do a text search for "title" and you should find "Track Text.txt" in the
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\G-Force\Sprites\(Non-Auto) directory. You'll see a line that says

Text="#TITLE#\r#ARTIST#\r#ALBUM#"

and comment it out (change it to):

/*Text="#TITLE#\r#ARTIST#\r#ALBUM#"*/

Not sure if this is right... worked for me, though. Thought it might be safer than modifying boot file *shrug* :shock:

ethan_greer

Post by ethan_greer »

Probably the best method is to find the G-Force prefs file. (You can search on "G-Force Prefs" to find it.) Make sure you close all media players, then open the prefs file in a text editor. Find the line that says, "TTxt = 1" and change the "1" to "0", save the file, and you're done.

Don't worry about screwing anything up. In the unlikely event that G-Force goes haywire after you edit the prefs file you can just reinstall G-Force to get the factory settings back.

JayPro

Post by JayPro »

This is seriously some interesting dialogue here. The question has been debated somewhat at length as to which of the two files would be safer to alter. I've recently spoken to Andy about this and he personally would recommend the Prefs file, as you Ethan just pointed out.
I've been using this app before it had been ported to as many players as GF is compatible with now; thus the Boot file is a comparatively recent addition to GF so as to meet *wildly* expanding needs in these areas.
Since I now use the standalone exclusively (I gave up on the iTunes build months ago, simply because of iTunes itself), I cannot honestly vouch for how problematic changing prefs for G-Force via the Boot file could be, regardless of media player.
"God is syntax."

andy55
Site Admin

Re: disable trachinfo?

Post by andy55 »

colmans wrote:hi!

is it possible to disable the trackinfo on the screen? i don't want to show it, if the track has changed...

colmans

I'm seeing this request enough in this forum (and in email to me) that i'll add this toggle in the form of a hotkey in the next versions of GF and WC.

andy

p.s. This is an example of why it's useful to post feedback, comments, suggestions here in this forum and/or in email to me.

colmans

Post by colmans »

hi andy,

this sounds good! i expect the next update!

colmans